Currently reading:
Stanley Dynagrip Quick Change Knife

Discuss Stanley Dynagrip Quick Change Knife in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TwigTheSparx

Hi guys,

New to the forum.
Ive just started my first year as an apprentice and purchased a range of tools that are required for work. One of the items I bought is the Stanley Dynagrip Quick Change Knife. Upon receiving it in the mail today I've managed to insert the blade; the tool itself seems very comfortable and robust, but the blade, although securely in place is wobbly and moves from side to side. I was wondering if anyone has had the same knife and experienced this problem and if so, is this normal? If not, how can it be fixed?

If it doesnt feel right i would send it back rather than try to repair it.

A stanley knife should be nice and secure as you will be working with it close to your pinkies.

The last thing you want is to slip whilst your cutting the tip off of gripfill or whilst stripping armoured.

Thanks for the reply mate.
I had thought that was the best option but I read online reviews in which people said they had experienced problems with the blade change mechanism. I may have just not put it In properly. I'll give it another blast and see how I get on.

i've got a schneider quick change. absolute rubbish. the blade falls out when it gets tight cutting entries in the back of a CU.

Yeah, they seem a great but temperamental idea. I personally prefer to use the CK Electricians lock knife I bought about a year ago, as I'm a bit cautious about Stanley's. The only reason I've bought one is my employer swears by them and insists my lock knife is useless.

i've got a schneider quick change. absolute rubbish. the blade falls out when it gets tight cutting entries in the back of a CU.

Try the irwin ones that lock, they are good and you have to unlock it and fold 45% to remove/insert blade so no accidents

973814-800.jpg

one of these is fantastic. not only can you strip SWA, but you can cut out plasterboard, clean your nails, and scratch your arse with it.

images.jpeg

Reply to Stanley Dynagrip Quick Change Knife in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock