Discuss Steel Conduit Bending Writen guide. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

When i did conduit bending on the 2365, it sort of went in one ear and out the other, i found it much easier to learn it and for it to sink in by getting a few lengths from a store and bending it at home with a borrowed set of formers. i am what they call a kinesthetic learner, i learn by hand and doing. it then made perfect sense. albeit im lucky if i touch metal conduit more than a handful of times a year.

When i did conduit bending on the 2365, it sort of went in one ear and out the other, i found it much easier to learn it and for it to sink in by getting a few lengths from a store and bending it at home with a borrowed set of formers. i am what they call a kinesthetic learner, i learn by hand and doing. it then made perfect sense. albeit im lucky if i touch metal conduit more than a handful of times a year.

Yeah I did it last week on my 2365 and realised Yesterday I'd totally forgotten it all, So want some kind of written reference, I may end up renting a Bending machine and buying some lengths of conduit :)

I've got the 4 books from JIB/CITB, from when i was a apprentice and show how to make trunking bends and how to bend conduit.

Any decent benders going cheap on here?

Thought I'd dust the cobwebs off and get the tallow out as I still have my stocks and dies and a stop.

Having a go is fine but as you can see from Sinta upload there are specified measurements and angles for Doubles and Saddles etc.

So if anyone can point be in the direction of a copy of these JIB/CITB books for apprentices that would be most helpful.

Having a go is fine but as you can see from Sinta upload there are specified measurements and angles for Doubles and Saddles etc.

So if anyone can point be in the direction of a copy of these JIB/CITB books for apprentices that would be most helpful.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electricians-Guide-Conduit-Bending-No-Dog/dp/9998210143

Ugly's Conduit Bending, 2017 Edition - https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/9781284119442?gC=5a105e8b&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpsLkBRDpARIsAKoYI8wt83mF5Qa_11Elsn0TdHy050jR-WuIXZfcSsRGUr8gWfb0M1bCWhIaAm80EALw_wcB

Just did a quick Google for the above, not sure if they are of any use.......

To be honest I have never ever seen or used a book to help me bend conduit as I learnt everything "on the job" as an apprentice, may have done a bit when at college but to be honest I can't remember.

Get on site and learn how to form, set and bend tube, you won't learn it on a forum or in a book, but if you really want the books do a proper apprenticeship with a JIB company. To many people trying to enter this game through the back door and don't want to work for apprentice money and put the learning first. That's why the game is in such a mess if the truth be known.

After a closer look at some of the American guides there is some useful stuff on angles etc that can be used :)

I wonder if one of those US benders would bend UK conduit looks interesting.

Anyone got any ideas of methods used in Europe or other parts of the world?

I wonder if one of those US benders would bend UK conduit looks interesting.

They do but not very well, as they're imperial sized so tight bends become a bit deformed.

There conduit "tube" also has thinner walls than ours so it's easier to bend.

A hilmor is far easier.

Reply to Steel Conduit Bending Writen guide. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock