Currently reading:
Stolen fluke's on ebay

Discuss Stolen fluke's on ebay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi just want to let you all know that the fluke 1653b testers on ebay with the gray sticker are stolen
I have just got one and had the serial number check and it is part of a batch that where stolen from fluke so im out of pocket with a tester that i can't use
just wanted to make you aware of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just want to let you all know that the fluke 1653b testers on ebay with the gray sticker are stolen

I hope you have informed the Police,Fluke and Ebay?
My friend had a bike stolen, and later saw it on ebay, the Police were persuaded to make the purchase, and arrest the seller. If this person IS selling stolen goods, they should be arrested.
Alan.

i told them that it is stolen and that i did not want to contact the seller as he as my address but they insisted that i have to so to give the seller a chance to resolve the matter
what a joke
they want me to say hi mate that tester you sold me is stolen

did you pay by paypal? if so, contact them. tell them it's stolen and you want paypal to refund your money.

You will have to contact the seller first. Paypal and ebay both have a waiting period to give the seller chance to sort it. After this Paypal usually help out.

Still report this to ebay though and as already said, FLuke and the rozzers

Just looked at the auction link posted.

A brand new 1653b for 400 quid, only one lead and all the other bull it lists.

Alarms bells should of been ringing as you were to press the confirm payment button.

Live and learn i suppose.

You could arrange an appointment to view one the give hom a good hiding lol

Just call the fuzz - eBay and Paypal are astonishingly rubbish at this sort of thing, probably to do with the bloody data protection act.
Call the rozzers, it'll be easy money for them, and you never know you may even get some kind of reward from where they were nicked (I wouldn't hold my breath, though)

I have just had a look at his other items, he has what looks like a massive load of brand new kit of all kinds, its all gleaming and unused. His comments, no returns and no refunds say it all, this joker is a real pikey barsteward, its got to be all nicked gear. I hate thieving scum.

i have to give him a heads up to get my money back off paypal as they say i have to try sort it out with him first before they will do anything

Exactly, so sod paypal and just contact the police. The problem is that at the moment you have been involved with handling stolen goods which you know about - if you don't contact the rozzers you may find they start coming after you, unbelievably! I would just give your local station a ring and explain it to them... they may do something about it or they may just log it, but you want to cover your own backside at least.

I have just got one and had the serial number check and it is part of a batch that where stolen from fluke so im out of pocket with a tester that i can't use
just wanted to make you aware of this

You seriously need to edit your post of this ebay link. Read quickly it makes it look like this guy is selling stolen stuff.

No i still have it but i don't think i can get it calibrated due to the serial number

you cant use it..you know its stolen and under law you can be charged with handling stolen goods..send it back,then go about getting your money back,go to the police and get a crime number and go back to paypal,you have also been a victim of crime..

you cant use it..you know its stolen and under law you can be charged with handling stolen goods..send it back,then go about getting your money back,go to the police and get a crime number and go back to paypal,you have also been a victim of crime..

Ebay and paypal have both told me i need to contact the seller before they will do anything i ask them can i not just contact the police and get them to inform ebay/paypal that it is stolen but they said it will not make any difference has there policy is to contact the seller

Ebay and paypal have both told me i need to contact the seller before they will do anything i ask them can i not just contact the police and get them to inform ebay/paypal that it is stolen but they said it will not make any difference has there policy is to contact the seller

last time i checked ebay didnt set the laws of this land..think the police would be very interested in contacting the seller on your behalf.

if you paid by paypal i don't think you have anything to worry about, just open a dispute on paypal and the money will be held by paypal instantly untill the dispute is settled. for the seller to get their money back from paypal they will have to enter their defence wich seems unlikely that they will if the meters are infact stiolen and in the case of no defence being entered the buyer automatically gets the money back.

just tell the police thats what they get paid for if you get no joy go to the papers then things will happen ,and as has been said i would definatly send an email to fluke as its there gear ,they are a powerfull company ,you never know you may get a meter as a reward

Did this unit have a face plate on the Dial?

I know Fluke had a large number of these stolen but they did not have the face plates, I would phone Fluke and let them know, I think they would be most interested.

I have the Fluke phone number but i'm not sure if i can post it?

Reply to Stolen fluke's on ebay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock