Discuss Stolen fluke's on ebay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi just want to let you all know that the fluke 1653b testers on ebay with the gray sticker are stolen
I have just got one and had the serial number check and it is part of a batch that where stolen from fluke so im out of pocket with a tester that i can't use
just wanted to make you aware of this

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi just want to let you all know that the fluke 1653b testers on ebay with the gray sticker are stolen

I hope you have informed the Police,Fluke and Ebay?
My friend had a bike stolen, and later saw it on ebay, the Police were persuaded to make the purchase, and arrest the seller. If this person IS selling stolen goods, they should be arrested.
Alan.

i told them that it is stolen and that i did not want to contact the seller as he as my address but they insisted that i have to so to give the seller a chance to resolve the matter
what a joke
they want me to say hi mate that tester you sold me is stolen

did you pay by paypal? if so, contact them. tell them it's stolen and you want paypal to refund your money.

Yeah as telectrix mate if you paid using paypal they will deffo be able to help. They can pull the money back from his account. wouldnt it be good if these idiots got a real job.

You will have to contact the seller first. Paypal and ebay both have a waiting period to give the seller chance to sort it. After this Paypal usually help out.

Still report this to ebay though and as already said, FLuke and the rozzers

Just looked at the auction link posted.

A brand new 1653b for 400 quid, only one lead and all the other bull it lists.

Alarms bells should of been ringing as you were to press the confirm payment button.

Live and learn i suppose.

You could arrange an appointment to view one the give hom a good hiding lol

Just call the fuzz - eBay and Paypal are astonishingly rubbish at this sort of thing, probably to do with the bloody data protection act.
Call the rozzers, it'll be easy money for them, and you never know you may even get some kind of reward from where they were nicked (I wouldn't hold my breath, though)

I have just had a look at his other items, he has what looks like a massive load of brand new kit of all kinds, its all gleaming and unused. His comments, no returns and no refunds say it all, this joker is a real pikey barsteward, its got to be all nicked gear. I hate thieving scum.

i have to give him a heads up to get my money back off paypal as they say i have to try sort it out with him first before they will do anything

Exactly, so sod paypal and just contact the police. The problem is that at the moment you have been involved with handling stolen goods which you know about - if you don't contact the rozzers you may find they start coming after you, unbelievably! I would just give your local station a ring and explain it to them... they may do something about it or they may just log it, but you want to cover your own backside at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Stolen fluke's on ebay in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net