Discuss Summer house to house installation help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for a bit of advice . I have a summer house in my garden that has the following setup.

50amp breaker from house consumer unit from this is 18m (3core) armoured cable. This is fixed externally to the house wall and goes underground for approx 2m. Inside the summer house is a consumer unit with
1 x 40A 30mA RCD
2 x MCBs (1 x 6A & 1 x 32A)
The 32a is used for 5 two gang sockets radial installed. The 6a is for an LED light bar.

I’ve been told that the consumer unit in the house should be 32amp and that the breaker for the sockets needs to be on a 20amp breaker as the sockets are radial and not ring - does this sound right ?

Thanks
Paul

1. the breaker in the house CU should be sized to suit the SWA. e.g. if the SWA is 6.0mm, (rated 47A) a 40A MCB is appropriate. if 10.0mm, then the 50A is correct.
2. if the radial socket circuit in the summer house is wired in 2.5mm, then a 20A MCB is the right choice.

I wonder has the op wired it up him self and asking if he had done it correct.
never jump to conclusions buzz. OP might have just bought the property, or had the installation done by a sparks. facts, man, facts. we need all to make the call.

Hum .... Best get it checked over properly

Internet advice can't be trusted

All depends on cable sizes and installation methods, none of which we can verify, so a local electrician is the right call.

50amp breaker from house consumer unit from this is 18m (3core) armoured cable. This is fixed externally to the house wall and goes underground for approx 2m. Inside the summer house is a consumer unit with
i might be judgemental on this post .but a lot of peaple are asking it is ok .so i qustion that .

I wonder has the op wired it up him self and asking if he had done it correct.
Watch out Buzz, nil spelling mistakes, could be all the banter has had some effect on your grasp of the English written word, just kidding Buzz.:tongue::bowing::okay:

Reply to Summer house to house installation help! in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net