Currently reading:
Sunny design

Discuss Sunny design in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

steve Leese

Has anybody been having trouble downloading Sunny design 2.20. i have loaded it and uninstalled several times and it still won`t work. it dos`nt load the inverters, and it won`t progress past the plant stage

Has anybody been having trouble downloading Sunny design 2.20. i have loaded it and uninstalled several times and it still won`t work. it dos`nt load the inverters, and it won`t progress past the plant stage

Just had another look at this and you have to set the grid voltage on the right in project data before you can select the inverter(s)

Thanks to everyone for the advice but sunny design 2.20 is still not functioning properly, when i get to the point of putting the inverter in it will only bring up tl inverters, i have changed every perameter from start to that point and no matter how many panels i enter the design page always brings up more so i can`t get a small enough inverter. I hope you understand what i am trying to say, anybody any ideas before i throw the whole thing out of the window.

You've probably checked this but just in case. Go to the Project Menu, choose Select Inverter Categories, and make sure that all the check boxes under properties are unchecked (in particular the box labelled Only without transformer)

mdovey Thank you for your help, i have unticked all the boxs in the choose inverter box and i now i am able to acsess all the in verters, this seems a trifle strange but who cares it now works, i can now go on and do the cable calculations which is pretty much all i use it for any way because i have pv sol aswell.

hi, can some body tell me that how the sunny design calculate the " annual energy yield " & " performance ratio" & " typical pv voltage" ?
thank you every body,

typical PV voltage is based on the temperature data combined with the string voltage from the panels, and the panel temperature coefficients (actually if I remember right it did't used to actually use the coefficients, not sure if they updated this - it just used a standard figure).

performance ratio IIRC is the ratio of nominal total array Wp rating to the nominal max DC input rating of the inverter.

energy yield uses some form of localised solar data combined with the size and efficiency of the system to give a reasonable indication of average annual performance, but I'm not convinced it's particularly accurate at least in the UK, not sure about Iran. In the absense of anything else though it will give you a decent ball park just probably +/- 10% or so.

thanks for your complete answer.
but about the performance ratio description, in this way I think that it always must be more than 1 because we always choose the inverter DC rating less than the all PV modules Wp.

Reply to Sunny design in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock