Discuss Supplementary Bonding.. ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

A job ive been to has the main gas and water bonded but no supp bonding.

Am i right i saying that you can take your supp bonding in bathroom from the light or switch ??

yes you can take supplimentry bonding from the bathroom light cpc or light switch providing it has a cpc to pipe work etc allthough accoring to the 17th edition if everything in a bathroom is on a rcd and all pipe work in the room has good conterniety between them you do not need to supplementry bond if you need to supplementry bond you should use 4mm cable. what job are you doing in the house because if you havent done anything to do with the bathroom you dont need to worry about it

There is no dual RCD board, only a Main switch side and rcd side. so no rcd protection in the bathroom. Customer is worried it wont pass a test/inspection.

Supplementary bonding and RCD protection on bathroom lighting is not a failure on a PIR.

However, if there is a spare way on the RCD side of the CU then move the upstairs lighting circuit (or whichever circuit bathroom lighting is on) to that .

This then sorts out both probs.

A job ive been to has the main gas and water bonded but no supp bonding.

Am i right i saying that you can take your supp bonding in bathroom from the light or switch ??

hi there

check weather you water pipe coming into the proerty is plastic if it it there is no need to bond the bathroom RCD protct needed etc all other metal services need to be bonded see 701.415 in the regs book

supplementry bonding is for additional protection provide you have ads automatic disconnection of supply

cheerrs

hi there

check weather you water pipe coming into the proerty is plastic if it it there is no need to bond the bathroom RCD protct needed etc all other metal services need to be bonded see 701.415 in the regs book

supplementry bonding is for additional protection provide you have ads automatic disconnection of supply

cheerrs

i thought that was the case as well but when i spoke to the nic eic i was told that there is no need to bond the water supply if all the pipe work is plastic only :mad:

Reply to Supplementary Bonding.. ??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock