Discuss Swa in warehouse chased into concrete floor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

robo83

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Had a look at a job today and there is an swa swinging from one side of the warehouse to the other providing power to machinery.

They have had another electrician quote to chase the swa into the concrete base. I can't see how he can chase any deeper than enough to cover the swa.

Where do we stand regulation wise, as my approaches was to fix a cross beam across to support or run around the warehouse to the machinery.

Or use a wire to hang the cable from?

If I run around the building it's a lot of work and all high level.

I could get a crossbar braced to the wall and a support leg bolted down to the floor. That was my other approach.

Could I clamp support wire high level lowered down and the cable zip tired to that, of course the wire would be clamped and tight both ends.

You could girder clip it across the factory, get a mobile lifter in. Tel's approach with the tray would also work well. Grinding the floor is a bit overkill, what size is the armoured?

Thanks for reply.

Chase along the floor maybe 8meters. Running around warehouse around 50.

The swa is 10mm

Once you have chased out the floor,how would you fit the SWA? ...just out of interest:)

bury it in the concrete in some 25mm galv. conduit. (earthed conduit of course ).

Are there any regs
Only in respect to having regard to environmental influences such as fork lift, or under a roof which admits light from the sun causing uv or heat problems. I would say the height would meet regs if any such factors had been taken into consideration. There are no specific heights mentioned (to answer your question) in BS7671 regards cables indoors, however as I say a judgement would have to be made to ensure the height chosen avoids external influences to it which may cause danger or damage.

Reply to Swa in warehouse chased into concrete floor in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock