Discuss Switching ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is a good series on Discovery, explaining the wooden escalator problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_wpnuaM5Ig

Had not seen that before. The fire starts where the handrail and handrail bearings run. What is seen on the film are the tread rollers.
Try lighting solidified grease with a match, it won't happen. A load of bull. Still I suppose all responsible are happy with that outcome. In those days matches and lit cigarettes were constantly dropped down escalators.

It was what caused one of the biggest stadium fires to date at Bradford City .... same s..t different venue, although the severity of the physics of what occured regarding the escalator and how the fire got so intense so fast took years to resolve and has implemented new designs across the world to avoid such a tragic life loss in a similar fire.

It was what caused one of the biggest stadium fires to date at Bradford City .... same s..t different venue, although the severity of the physics of what occured regarding the escalator and how the fire got so intense so fast took years to resolve and has implemented new designs across the world to avoid such a tragic life loss in a similar fire.

Saw the video footage of the Bradford City fire a few months back and it was horrific

Saw the video footage of the Bradford City fire a few months back and it was horrific

Still has a numbing effect around here, many local Brad' City fans in my small town; I've worked on the new grounds which is now all steel and concrete... well except the pitch but its good to see them kicking some premier --- the other day lol... not bad for the underdogs.

Reply to Switching ideas in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
I've purchased Lepro 15m LED strip lights - product code PR410047-RGB-UK, and have fitted them at the top of the walls in my daughter's bedroom...
Replies
Views
We're in the UK, 240v lighting feed. We have replaced all the lights in our house with LED ceiling panels. These are pretty much the standard...
Replies
Views
A slight rant. Having just finished a spate of commercial EICRs I really can't understand why we tolerate these wretched things: 1 - I now expect...
Replies
Views
Ok I have a confusing situation regarding some Emergency lighting. I have a string of 2D 28w lights in a ward corridor at an nhs unit which are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock