Discuss Texecom Premier Elite 48, panic alarm question in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum, but t thought I'd join up, hoping for some assistance.

I've just installed a Texecom prem 48. All with EOL wiring. One 8xp, 16 zones being used. 2 contacts share a zone on each garage. Other than that everything will be independent.

I've been struggling with installing a panic alarm (no instructions 're which contact is which). The two alarm contacts are obvious though. It's a normally closed pa, When in use I'm getting 2k2 resistance and secure on my panel, when either the back is pulled off the pa, or the button depressed I get 6.9k. If the wire is disconnected then open circuit. I think my query more pertains to the fact that with other pir's etc they have a dedicated tamper switch within the pir, so you take the back off and the alarm will state tamper. With these, I believe it's just the magnet across the alarm contacts bring removed which activates either tamper or alarm state.

Wiring, blue to a1 on pa, 4k7 over to a2, 2k2 from a2 across to side terminal I believe to be tamper, yellow back to panel tamper

My panel seems to only be able to identify two states, active/alarm or secure. I expected to get tamper when I pulled a wire out of the wago222 I was using. But instead got active/alarm, do the resistance values sound right for each state? I've set it as panic alarm as the zone type, there are some 24hr options too, but the panic option appears to be programmed to have the correct 24hr parameters.

I plan on connecting two of these on one zone once I'm certain the wiring is right. Technically they are working, but it's the messages back to panel I'm not sure about.

Many thanks all

should work. that has no tamper plates, they should be across the 2 terminals on the left. as they were troublesome in the past, manufacturers have stopped fitting them.

If you were to wire two of these in series, would you still give them both a 4k7 resistor? Currently I have done, but thinking about it now it doesn't add any value does it?
if you wired 2 in series, you only fit resistors at the end of line. basically the panel is looking for the 2.2K in the non-alarm state. it can't see the 4.7k as that is shorted out by the reed switch. open the reed by pressing the PAB and the panel then sees 6.9k and goes into alarm. open circuit the loop, either by cutting cableor operating a tamper switch and the panel the sees o/c and goes into alarm ( full alarm when set, internal alarm when unset. PA circuit generally activates full alarm whether set or unset ).

Here is a picture.
Getting it to work on the bench at present. Thanks in advance

View attachment 47880
I dont think as someone else mentioned it can provide a tamper alarm, as you say, it can only have 2 states with what you have there. You can have secure, or alarm, the resistor from the yellow wire is always connected in series regardless of alarm state. Breaking the circuit should cause a tamper IE cutting wire.
The second resistor is connected in series giving the two values added together when the reed switch is open, closing the reed switch will give R1 value only as R2 is shorted by the reed.

agree. a tamper alarm would only occur if the cable went O/C. i.e. cut.

Reply to Texecom Premier Elite 48, panic alarm question in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock