Discuss Texecom veritas alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ben

-
Reaction score
Hi
I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir
I’ve only got one pir wired in to the control panel and the other 7 zones are linked through.
When I try and do a walk through test the pir isn’t being picked up, however when I do a full set on the alarm, when I walk in it’s flashing blue green and purple like it is detecting movement however it’s not triggering the outside sounder.
I’ve checked the wiring in the pir and it all seems good, the tamper is sounding when I take the cover off.
Not sure if it’s a programming problem or a issue in the control panel that's not making the pir trigger the sounder
I’ve tested the sounder through the keypad and it works
It’s a d20 texecom pir if that helps
Thanks in advance

Hi
I’ve recently installed a texecom veritus excel alarm system but having an issue with the sounder not going off when triggered by the pir
I’ve only got one pir wired in to the control panel and the other 7 zones are linked through.
When I try and do a walk through test the pir isn’t being picked up, however when I do a full set on the alarm, when I walk in it’s flashing blue green and purple like it is detecting movement however it’s not triggering the outside sounder.
I’ve checked the wiring in the pir and it all seems good, the tamper is sounding when I take the cover off.
Not sure if it’s a programming problem or a issue in the control panel that's not making the pir trigger the sounder
I’ve tested the sounder through the keypad and it works
It’s a d20 texecom pir if that helps
Thanks in advance
Link out all the zones and the tamper for cover..
Arm alarm and then remove a zone link, see if it activates.

Link out all the zones and the tamper for cover..
Arm alarm and then remove a zone link, see if it activates.
Thanks for replying
So would I link out all the zones in the control panel? What would I do with the pir connections that are in zone 1 now?
Thanks

Is pir connected as EOL, with terminal A and D to zone terminals on panel and 12v to aux? Is 2k2 and 4k7 selected correctly at the pir? Did you try different zone on the panel?

Is pir connected as EOL, with terminal A and D to zone terminals on panel and 12v to aux? Is 2k2 and 4k7 selected correctly at the pir? Did you try different zone on the panel?
Hi thanks for replying
No I had
+ and - to aux
A and b to zone 1
C and d as tampers

I haven’t changed any setting in the pir from out the box and only tried it in zone 1
Thanks

Try with A and D to zone terminal and leave 12v to aux (so only 4 wires connected) and check on pir if 2k2 and 4k7 is selected. This is known as end of line. Test the system. I assume you have programmed the zone as Guard?

Try with A and D to zone terminal and leave 12v to aux (so only 4 wires connected) and check on pir if 2k2 and 4k7 is selected. This is known as end of line. Test the system. I assume you have programmed the zone as Guard?
Would I need a resistor for this? I’ve looked it up and may be able to change the setting on the pir to o/c. The zone is entry exit as I’ve only got one pir

Resistors are built in in the texecom pir and values can be selected to suit different panels. For texecom is 2k2 and 4k7
For testing purpose set the pir to guard and do all the tests. When confirmed that all is OK change to whatever you need to be

Resistors are built in in the texecom pir and values can be selected to suit different panels. For texecom is 2k2 and 4k7
For testing purpose set the pir to guard and do all the tests. When confirmed that all is OK change to whatever you need to be
I’ve tried wiring like this but when I do a walk test it won’t pick up the pir as zone 1, I’ve linked across the tamper in the control panel and only connected to the zones and + and -

So you have connected as per pic and reinsert link to tamper terminals at the panel and it behave same as with your original connection?

Attachments

• Texecom veritas alarm IMG_20221211_160324 - EletriciansForums.net
    IMG_20221211_160324.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 8
So you have connected as per pic and reinsert link to tamper terminals at the panel and it behave same as with your original connection?
Yes I wired it like that and linked between pir tamper terminals on panel and it’s still not picking up when set, it’s like it recognises the movement as the light comes on the pir but it’s not setting the alarm off, I suppose it could be a damaged wire but there’s power to the pir

Forgot to say earlier but EOL values will need to be programm.
Also before you do that it may be worth to restore factory defaults, incase you have change something else accidentally.

Forgot to say earlier but EOL values will need to be programm.
Also before you do that it may be worth to restore factory defaults, incase you have change something else accidentally.
Thanks very much, I’ve just had a search into it and by the looks of it you can’t programme the value of the eol resistors into the lcd keypad I’ve got, so I may need to go back and try the original tamper wiring, would you know which setting this is on the back of the pir by any chance? I can then wire it in not using eol and hopefully this will work

Attachments

• Texecom veritas alarm A766DD97-7FF5-4EA0-AA23-3F3645B22EF1 - EletriciansForums.net
    A766DD97-7FF5-4EA0-AA23-3F3645B22EF1.png
    864.1 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Texecom veritas alarm in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock