Discuss The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Squid

Next project, this time the house as it looooooong overdue, let the ---- taking start, evens its Tel........ ;o))))

3 bed converting to 5 bed, may or may not do the rear extension depends on costings, shed to be built in a Shu Sugi Ban way with a living roof.

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.48.50 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.49.07 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.49.16 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.49.27 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.49.35 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.49.45 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.50.04 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.50.22 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.48.33 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 12.54.54 - EletriciansForums.net

That's gonna look nice in a row of old Ex Council houses.
You not using Bob the Builder for a turn-key solution?

How much is your contingency budget?

We had 20% but on finding a massive surface water drain when excavating for our foundations it all got spent before we laid any bricks!

make sure that your architect is a Pink Floyd fan. he /she will then be totally laid back anfd not push for stupid things liek 12V lighting with all them ELV PSUs failing within a year.

If you need to know how to run power to a shed, there are a couple of posts on it here....
Power has already been run, 10mm 3 core SWA clipped along the fence (to be buried later with the posters with the sarcastic comments) ;o))))

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is your contingency budget?

We had 20% but on finding a massive surface water drain when excavating for our foundations it all got spent before we laid any bricks!
Foundations should be fine when the neighbours extended I chipped in to extend that side to my property, the rear extension is the crunch point as it does not add any value to the house the conversion from 3 to 5 bedroom does and I don't think I can afford both, without the rear £150k may cover it.

Good luck with the project. Out of interest how are you going to work it with the builders? Fixed contract, you pay for materials direct and cover wages etc. Always intrigued to see how people manage these things. What ever happens they always go over budget.

make sure that your architect is a Pink Floyd fan. he /she will then be totally laid back anfd not push for stupid things liek 12V lighting with all them ELV PSUs failing within a year.
Funnily enough I met Gilmor a few times and one of the Mums at the kids school was Roger Waters girlfriend.

Good luck with the project. Out of interest how are you going to work it with the builders? Fixed contract, you pay for materials direct and cover wages etc. Always intrigued to see how people manage these things. What ever happens they always go over budget.
The last project I did was for a fixed price, it went up with "issues" as walls where crumbling etc etc

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. image008 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. IMG_9410.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. IMG_8754.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. IMG_9305.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 10.16.25 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 13.55.09 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screen Shot 2017-08-01 at 12.27.31 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 10.17.08 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 11.19.08 - EletriciansForums.net

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. 327EC099-39D8-4CF3-833F-B2C05FDB50D7 - EletriciansForums.net
The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. F0F35FEE-4230-44BE-BB17-1677F5C1034E - EletriciansForums.net
The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. 0CAAA693-0738-4D45-9261-D65CCF337200 - EletriciansForums.net
The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. 1D64729F-5659-468F-9E5A-B6F82864B7BA - EletriciansForums.net
I’m just putting a loft conversion on a house I’ve recently brought to do up and sell. Ive been doing the whole thing on my tod with a skilled labourer and the final figure will be about 20k including en-suite. Pricing it using Spons it would of cost in the region 0f 38K.

I’m also just waiting to exchange on a bungalow which I’m doing a loft conversion, adding two bedrooms and a side extension for extra living space and and utility room.

The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. 544CEAA6-BC67-4885-BA7E-02EA70BAF5CC - EletriciansForums.net

View attachment 49585 View attachment 49586 View attachment 49587 View attachment 49588 I’m just putting a loft conversion on a house I’ve recently brought to do up and sell. Ive been doing the whole thing on my tod with a skilled labourer and the final figure will be about 20k including en-suite. Pricing it using Spons it would of cost in the region 0f 38K.

I’m also just waiting to exchange on a bungalow which I’m doing a loft conversion, adding two bedrooms and a side extension for extra living space and and utility room.

View attachment 49589
A friend in Bournemouth did a conversion on his bungalow ended up really nice as he added two bedrooms and a bathroom, the neighbours loved him as his was the first property to get planning.

That bungalow looks great especially if you can build above the garage.

Reply to The fun and stress starts again, planning application submited. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock