Currently reading:
The green deal is looming

Discuss The green deal is looming in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have four staff trained as Domestic Energy Assesor and one as a Non Domestic Energy Assesors all with Green Deal Advisors qualification.

Got twelve web sites all collecting leads as we speak....

We have over Forty Green Deals in the filing cabinet all waiting to go subject to occupancy assessment. Thats forty Solar PV or thermal jobs in the bank so far ...

We are charging £50-75 for the EPCs which we will refund when the green deals are signed up.

Bring it on ...

Last edited by a moderator:
We have four staff trained as Domestic Energy Assesor and one as a Non Domestic Energy Assesors all with Green Deal Advisors qualification.

Got twelve web sites all collecting leads as we speak....

We have over Forty Green Deals in the filing cabinet all waiting to go subject to occupancy assessment. Thats forty Solar PV or thermal jobs in the bank so far ...

We are charging £50-75 for the EPCs which we will refund when the green deals are signed up.

Bring it on ...

So you are doing the installs?

I was under the impression the advisor had to be a different company to the installer and provider, all independant?

If the installs are under £10K the GDA can be the same company as the GDI.

If the installs are over £10K, up to the £25K max the customer needs to provide the GDP three quotes.

All must meet the golden rule. However the customer does get a say in who they want to work on their property after all its their money!

Thats why I have some friends on here, so that I can provide them green deal packages for jobs I do not want in the Midlands and elsewhere and they can provide me green deal packages for jobs they do not want in Dorset !!

With regard to the solar thermal the £100 per year saving is provided by the Energy Saving Trust and is about as accurate as the statement " Greg Barker is a honest, decent politician, who is not on the payroll of Mr Abrahovichs fossil fuel empire."

I have solar thermal on my home and it covers enough hot water for four of us and two language students over the summer. Our boiler gets switched off in March and goes back on in October. It also heats the water in the cylinder so our boiler has to do less over the winter. Its worth more than £100 a year to me !
Plus everytime the gas boards jump their prices up my losses are limited.
My property is a band B (https://www.epcregister.com/reportSearchAddressListReports.html?id=9992cbb71da01176d70ede09591c7136) scores an 84, and used to cost me £1500 a year in energy, with PV and thermal I now make a very nice profit !

Can i ask the question Mr MCS Renewables
How are the solar thermal and ASHP going to metered, I have trying find out no one will give me an answer
I have solar thermal and ASHP on my property

Sorry, I have no idea about metering I am assuming that the current design SAP calculations programmes and MCS certification, MCS approved installers and materials is good enough.

Please do not give the government any more ideas, otherwise thery will introduce another level of hoops to jump through with more audits and registration fees.

Nick

The company details would need to be shown if Green- deal- Poole was a registered company name however as it is only an information site which collects enquiries, it only needs a privacy policy. Legal bit here :

• Adhere to Priority 1 of the Web Accessibility Guidelines set out at W3C For a registered business, the website needs to display the following Company Information: the Business Name, place of registration, registered number, its registered office address and if it is being wound up.
  • If the website collects user data (i.e. via simple enquiry form, or shopping cart), display a Privacy Policy informing the user what the business does with the data and that it conforms to the Data Protection Act

Here's the law:

Companies in the UK must include certain regulatory information on their websites and in their email footers before 1st January 2007 or they will breach the Companies Act and risk a fine
Every company should list its company registration number, place of registration and registered office address on its website as a result of an update to the legislation of 1985. The information, which must be in legible characters, should also appear on order forms and in emails. Such information is already required on 'business letters' but the duty is being extended to websites, order forms and electronic documents.
If the required information is not stated, the company's directors and the company secretary (if it has one) may be liable to pay criminal fines.
For websites, contrary to the fears of some, the specified information does not need to appear on every page. Again, many websites will already list the required information, perhaps on their "About us" or "Legal info" pages.

1. The geographic address and email address of the service provider must be displayed. A PO Box reference is not sufficient and remember, if the business is a company, the registered office address must be included.
  2. The name of the company that the customer is contracting with must be given (this name may be different from the trading name and any differences should also be stated). For example, &&&.co.uk is the trading name of &&& Limited.
  3. If the business is a company, the registered company number must be included - as well as the place of registration. For example, &&& Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1111111.
  4. Details of trade or professional association membership should be included (including membership number).
  5. Regardless of whether the company conducts online sales, the company VAT number should be included.
  6. All pricing and charges displayed on the website must be clear and unambiguous. Ensure all additional costs such as VAT and delivery are clearly displayed on the website - and indicate whether they are inclusive or exclusive of the product's cost.
Since most companies would assume emails are business letters, the company information must be displayed somewhere on the email.

The bottom line is that the ASA will pursue the indiviudal that has registered the domain, irrespective of wether information is displayed.

Once you get an ASA ruling against you, as an individual or a company, or any companies that individual is associated with, you'll be ****red with REAL.

the W3C guidelines, are superceded by UK law,

Also is the compnay or individual that registered the website registered with the DPR...

Will get it checked out again tomorrow but as stated the green deal websites are not registered companies or owned by any Real registered company.
If we need to hide some details in the micro print, we will.

@ MCS Renewables, sincereley hope it works for you the investment in training and websites you've made is significant - and it should pay off ... (eventually) .

I know what the ASA can be like having had a big run in with them a few years ago on a similar vein (I won in that case! ...) and they will look at who will benefit from the website, especially if your company and lead generation websites are regsitered to the same person :) - my comments are just meant as advice so that you don't get caught blindsided by them or end up in a run in with REAL (had interesting discussions with them at our audit earlier this year.. ), not meant as criticism. - Hope it helps, you can't afford to have that investment go to waste.

Also be interesting to see what REAL / MCS have to say about lead generation for the Green Deal - that is going to be an interesting mess as GDP's, GDA's and GDI's will all be advertising / marketing....

I thought you can offer a one stop shop for the green deal , if the works are over 10k then three quotes must be obtained.

Hello Newbie alert by the way

I'm working with a group of local installers (of differing trades) and our local university on trying to evaluate the options that green Deal present for local businesses. None of us so far has spent money on training staff (and there are a significant number of larger sme's involved) for Green Deal but we are talking to someone who has done a lot of work nationally on an alternative to the big guys getting all the work. His model is for local traders working together delivering to local people through a Green Deal conduit.

There's a lot of work already been done around the role of Green Deal Provider but there's still a lot of scepticism about whether any of the GD can work and whether any of the general public are likely to embrace GD, hence no-one has commited their hard earned cash on training yet.

We meet again next month for further in dpeth discussion, I'm interested but waiting to see what happens before jumping in feet first.

Does anyone know if RHIs will be eligible for geen deal installations?

Yes or maybe, see 191 et seq of the DECC RHI consultation. http://www.decc.gov.uk/assets/decc/11/consultation/RHI/6453-rhi-consultation-domestic.pdf

DECC think it unlikely that RHI measures will meet the Golden Rule in most cases (194). I take that to mean that the 'income' from RHI won't be allowable to meet the GR and that other cost savings would need to meet it own their own. Quite how you calculate that I don't know for sure - it's certain to be complex.

Reply to The green deal is looming in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back