Discuss The perfect 12v cordless saw for FLOARBOARDS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

TPES

Makita 5093 I find is perfect for cutting floorboards.

Its a 12v cordless mini circular saw with a thin blade making it just right for cutting floorboards. A lot neater job than using a full size circular saw.

I had used one of these many times as my workmate had one but no longer working with him so time to buy my own.

Only thing is its not a cheap piece of kit.

Has anyone else seen any other mini circular saw other than makitas that would be good for the job????

Makita's version is the only one of its kind i've seen.

The perfect 12v cordless saw for FLOARBOARDS {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/pics/general/5093dwdecircularsaw-275.jpg

FLOARBOARDS ????????????? Ha ha.. whats up with me?

I was rushing, Im not really that sisdeslick.. :)D)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if it's available to you, but I use the Milwaukee 18V 6320-22 metal cutting cordless circular saw to bring up floorboards. The metal cutting blade goes through the wood fine, and nips the nails right off without dulling the blade. Nails and regular saw blades disagree over time.

The perfect 12v cordless saw for FLOARBOARDS {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,
Screwfix seem to have a similar product under their 'Titan' range. It's on the web and is about half the price of the Makita. Trouble is not sure if it is robust enough . You pays your money and takes your choice as they say.

Cheers,
Lofty.

mate had a tool, similar to a jigsaw only the blade "vibrated" and was fan shaped , would cut just the depth of a board, he has moved company so lost touch but that was what id have! anyone know where they do them? tried machine mart/screwfix.

mate had a tool, similar to a jigsaw only the blade "vibrated" and was fan shaped , would cut just the depth of a board, he has moved company so lost touch but that was what id have! anyone know where they do them? tried machine mart/screwfix.
Fein MultiMaster.

Bosch do a couple of those vibrating saw thingies, the one in their green is 240v corded at about ÂŁ70 or they do a 10.8v cordless version in the blue. Had a job recently where the kitchen unit kickboards had been floor tiled on. Bought one to cut the board just above the tiles. Produces a v. clean and narrow cut that when I put the board back on you wouldn't notice. It'll plunge cut so good for cutting boxes out. Basically it's fantastic BUT you wouldn't want to cut long runs with it as it would be too slow...Buy one just not for long runs, it would be great for that last bit your circular can't get to though.

Reply to The perfect 12v cordless saw for FLOARBOARDS in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock