Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

So do I but I'm taking my time getting to the same point.

What I do know is that I don't trust the stats the Police put out.

Back in 2001 I had a laptop stolen from my car, my employer asked me to get a crime number, so I dutifully trotted down the local Police station to report it - the chap behind the counter listened to what I had to say and his response was - we don't log these - to which I said "my employer is asking for it" - he sighed and logged the crime.

A year or so later, my replacement laptop was stolen from work - despite this being in the middle of the night the criminal was caught and apprehended by acouple of lads working late.

I then had to go to the Police Station to collect the laptop - and was "grilled" for about 30 minutes before I could have it back. It should be noted that the criminal was a "regular" criminal and got let off with a caution!

What I do know is that I don't trust the stats the Police put out.

Back in 2001 I had a laptop stolen from my car, my employer asked me to get a crime number, so I dutifully trotted down the local Police station to report it - the chap behind the counter listened to what I had to say and his response was - we don't log these - to which I said "my employer is asking for it" - he sighed and logged the crime.

A year or so later, my replacement laptop was stolen from work - despite this being in the middle of the night the criminal was caught and apprehended by acouple of lads working late.

I then had to go to the Police Station to collect the laptop - and was "grilled" for about 30 minutes before I could have it back. It should be noted that the criminal was a "regular" criminal and got let off with a caution!
I can trot out a broadly similar story mate.
What I wouldn't dream of doing is to claim that 90% of a certain type of crime is committed by one single group of people unless I had access to cast iron stats which would irrefutably back up my claim

I can trot out a broadly similar story mate.
What I wouldn't dream of doing is to claim that 90% of a certain type of crime is committed by one single group of people unless I had access to cast iron stats which would irrefutably back up my claim

Me neither. Life is about FACTS not fiction!

As you have said in your posts I have a friend (yes I have one) who is a very senior police man and in a discussion made the s comments about 8 years ago . If you asked anything with a colour hint to it ,it would not be answered
Same with the social I know someone who tried to find out the percentage of people not born in this country on the dole and was rebuffed at every attempt

I think dongle is not only a far right wing thinker, a bit like the BNP, but he is also a Racist, now hopefully he will confirm thats Bollox and he may want to retrack his appalling post.

If you can claim that then you must have stats which prove that.
Not necessarily. As I've mentioned before people's opinion is largely based on what they see, not what statistics someone has put together to prove their point, for example someone who works with a lot of migrant workers who form tight-knit groups and only speak to each other in their own language will probably see immigration as a problem, even though they have no numbers to back up their concern.
As I said, I've met people who fiddle the system, people who 'don't work' when they are perfectly capable of doing so, people whose only source of income is their benefits, and they don't seem too badly off. I very much doubt anyone has been able to compile any accurate statistics of people fiddling the system though because if an organisation such as a jobcentre ask them, they'll just lie.

Adam, the minute you start to say that C% of this is caused by that you need to have verifiable stats to back up your claim.

As you have said in your posts I have a friend (yes I have one) who is a very senior police man and in a discussion made the s comments about 8 years ago . If you asked anything with a colour hint to it ,it would not be answered
Same with the social I know someone who tried to find out the percentage of people not born in this country on the dole and was rebuffed at every attempt
So your cop friend is also a racist who makes up stats?
Just because you know someone has tried to find something out and failed that does not mean the information does not exist. It just means that the right person has not been consulted.

I agree with you all your outlooks come from what you see and hear but when some one high up in an organisation discloses facts to you as they would not otherwise be known I would rather discuss with them than read a newspaper that is reporting only certain facts
It's no good mdj pasting and copying anti right wing things from left wing newspapers it's biased again it's no good being against commo's and getting your facts from right wing papers . The people that know work in.these organisations that are fed up with things happening

Go on the internet nhs every one is blaming the other for the problems we are having now but trev was talking to some one in the nibs who told it like it truly was ( I think it was trev ) but I might be wrong

No actually he is not because when he said the first statement we went typical and then he brought in the 2nd statement just to show in the UK it's 50/50

I cannot believe anyone would suggest 90% of muggings are down to Black people, basically we have 10% of our population of afro caribbean origin. That means in theory and theory only 10% of crimes may be from Black people, may be, so to suggest 90% is means they are 9 times more likely to commit crimes than white people. If so are 90% of people in prison black and 10% white??

No actually he is not because when he said the first statement we went typical and then he brought in the 2nd statement just to show in the UK it's 50/50
Well that would mean they are 5 times more likely to commit a crime, I still think thats high, Could be wrong though.

Just because you know someone has tried to find something out and failed that does not mean the information does not exist. It just means that the right person has not been consulted.
Ok trev your a clever man can you tell me
The percentage of immigrants on the dole compared to people born here
The percentage of people under 21 on the dole

Surely that doesn't suprise you.

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net