Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pasty Tax
25 quid to see your GP
illegal veto on the EU
selling off the post office without telling the country
making promises to the Jocks they cannot keep
9k a year uni fees
20% vat rates
swearing at police officers

We'll no doubt hear a lot over the next few months about how the economy is safe in Gideon's hands. He's banged on enough about it today, but
This government has ran up more debt than all the Labour administrations since 1924 put together.
Gideon is going to miss his own borrowing targets by £190 BILLION
Growth is lower today than it was when the coalition took over in 2010

Pasty Tax
25 quid to see your GP
illegal veto on the EU
selling off the post office without telling the country
making promises to the Jocks they cannot keep
9k a year uni fees
20% vat rates
swearing at police officers
Didn't we establish that you can't just make stuff up and pass it off as facts?

But listening to the TV stations and reading the newspapers you wouldn't believe anything was wrong lol, over to you Adam.
Oh Mike, just so you know. We must remember that the recession was all Labour's fault. That's the global recession I'm talking about. Lol

IDS's idea about prepaid cards for benefit claimants is monstrous. He may as well have new signs made for jobcentres which read "Arbeit Macht Frei"

Yes it is but it's the suggestion that I object to. I know a lot of people who are on the dole and they're not all lazy, indolent scroungers.

Yeah, but some are! :)

Actually, it's a rehash of an old idea, vaugely remember some madness about food tokens or something or other...

He he he he he lol

Attachments

• Rcdb7e9c9.gif
    33.9 KB · Views: 30
Yeah, but some are! :)

Actually, it's a rehash of an old idea, vaugely remember some madness about food tokens or something or other...
So because some of them are then all of them should be made to be victims of some sort of economic apartheid?
It's shaming people for something which might not be their fault! Suppose you get a Phones4U employee who has worked there since leaving school. He/she signs on because the networks pulled the plug and caused that company to collapse and then has to suffer some sort of stigma with people looking down on them because of their situation?
Lets just give them all yellow stars to wear on their clothes. It'll be a whole lot easier.
The idea is appalling.

Oh Mike, just so you know. We must remember that the recession was all Labour's fault. That's the global recession I'm talking about. Lol

Reckless spending from 2005 to 2010 was a major contributor to the subsequent recession. As for the "growth" in 2010 - of course there was growth, false bought growth by Labour employing approx 250k people in the state and accelerating public spending, whilst any one could see tax receipts dropping.

millipede may end up PM in 2015, but what can he do? They have pledged to stick to the current spending plans. I see doom and gloom continuing under who ever wins.

the only thing that will rescue the UK now will be the eu, releasing the southern countries from the euro, and then, just maybe, as their currencies devalue, they will become more competitive on the world stage, the growth for Europe will begin, and yes the uk will benefit. All the time the eu monster staggers on its unlikely much will change for the uk.

Business commentators are already talking about a lost decade for the eu, principally for the euro countries. Japan is still trying to release itself from this.

Reckless spending from 2005 to 2010 was a major contributor to the subsequent recession.
Once again, the global recession?

Please see other concrete provable economic statistics |I've quoted. All provided by the office for national statistics for full details of Osborne's economic miracle.

If the tories have made over 2 million jobs since coming to power how come paye and ni receipts are falling?

If their welfare policies are fair how come the United Nations is investigating this country for human rights abuses specifically towards the disabled?

So because some of them are then all of them should be made to be victims of some sort of economic apartheid?
It's shaming people for something which might not be their fault! Suppose you get a Phones4U employee who has worked there since leaving school. He/she signs on because the networks pulled the plug and caused that company to collapse and then has to suffer some sort of stigma with people looking down on them because of their situation?
Lets just give them all yellow stars to wear on their clothes. It'll be a whole lot easier.
The idea is appalling.

WHOA steady boy, you must know I'm not one of Tel's right wing army!

Re my previous post, 1st part: joking but with elements of truth, I've been there.
2nd part, just give them the money.

There's an interesting article in The Telegraph about how Phones4U was trashed...

WHOA steady boy, you must know I'm not one of Tel's right wing army!

Re my previous post, 1st part: joking but with elements of truth, I've been there.
2nd part, just give them the money.

There's an interesting article in The Telegraph about how Phones4U was trashed...
Sorry, I thought you'd been turned. However, my little rant there and the points I raised may discourage some from hailing this as a good idea :)

Once again, the global recession?

Please see other concrete provable economic statistics |I've quoted. All provided by the office for national statistics for full details of Osborne's economic miracle.

If the tories have made over 2 million jobs since coming to power how come paye and ni receipts are falling?

If their welfare policies are fair how come the United Nations is investigating this country for human rights abuses specifically towards the disabled?

Says who?

"
Introduction
HMRC collected £489.9 billion in taxes in 2013-14. The table below shows the total percentage contribution of each
tax towards the total HMRC receipts per financial year.
Over the last decade IT, CGT & NICs (Income tax, Capital Gains Tax and National Insurance Contributions) have made up on average 55 per cent of total receipts. VAT (Value Added Tax) and Corporation Tax (CT) are the next biggest, contributing an average 19 per cent and 9 per cent of total receipts respectively.
The proportion for total IT, CGT & NIC receipts account for around 54 per cent of total receipts in 2013-14, the same as in the previous two years, which followed a peak in 2008-09 and 2009-10 of 58 per cent. VAT receipts peaked in 2011-12 at 21 percent and have remained at that level since. Receipts from the other taxes and duties shown have broadly remained steady over the last decade. "

FY2009 - FY2010 - £408 billion
FY2010 - FY2011 - £447 billion
FY2011 - FY2012 - £466 billion
FY2012 - FY2013 - £469 billiion
FY2013 - FY2014 - £489 billion

Which suggests to me that the total taxes paid including Tax and NI is actually increasing.

You will find all the data here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa.../file/355545/20140911_Augreceiptsbulletin.pdf

And as for your point about all the new jobs and taxes & NI, you being SE, like me, you will well understand that is somebody becomes SE during THIS financial year, their taxes won't be paid until near the end of the NEXT tax year, giving about a 10 month delay in receipt by HMRC.

I'd also venture to suggest that people & companies as a whole have held back with capital expenses such as tool, vans etc and the last couple of years will now be spending again - reducing tax takes in the short term as its all claimed back.

For "employed people" who could have recently found work, and yes theres quite a few of them, it takes time to pay down debts and get used to a salary again, BEFORE starting to spend again!

Tax credits - ah another "success" of Gordon Brown - over 500,000 people didn't renew their claims this year! Staggering number, and sure some will have missed the deadline BUT nobody in their right mind will update HMRC with the previous years ACTUAL income if they know that they will be asked to repay some, or all of a claim.

AND boy do I know about this, as I updated HMRC when our situation changed, during a tax year and we are now on a long term repayment plan! I should have kept quiet and simply not renewed.

I do expect next years Tax and NI receipts to be a further step in the right direction.

Complicated stuff this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I thought you'd been turned. However, my little rant there and the points I raised may discourage some from hailing this as a good idea :)

I get turned to the OFF position regularly, but never to the right :)

Can you get an overnight train from up there to Brum?

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net