Discuss The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sounds like Cameron is now following new labour lol, that speech was a suprise, minimum wage rise, and 12,500 before paying tax, now lets discuss the bad bits? who wants to start?

Sounds like Cameron is now following new labour lol, that speech was a suprise, minimum wage rise, and 12,500 before paying tax, now lets discuss the bad bits? who wants to start?
See posts 239 and 242 for starters Mike? I'll pick bits from the speech that I find objectionable later when I sort my website issues out.

Well, the Institute of Fiscal Studies which is apparently well respected has said that only 15% of the gains from increasing the personal allowance will actually help the poor adding "There are better ways to help the low paid via the tax and benefit systems"
"Tom Papworth, associate director of economic policy at the liberal think-tank CentreForum said "Raising the threshold for the 40p rate cuts taxes for the richest people outside the top 10% of earners. It does nothing for middle earners. ""

too little too late from cameron as far as I'm concerned,he's made a complete balls up so far as well as not delivering a lot of what he promised when they took over,now he's saying he'll do this that and the other if he gets voted in again.Now under the rules of voting lunatics are not allowed to vote,well if that pratt gets back in then there will be a lot of people who should be locked in a secure unit if you ask me.

The tories always trot out the line that Labour borrow recklessly, labour bankrupt the economy, only we tories can be trusted to handle the economy properly.
Well, between 2004 and 2008 Labour borrowed £148.8 Billion, in 2008/9 (the year of the banking crisis which caused the global (oops sorry Labour's fault) recession) they borrowed £97.5 Billion.
Since being elected in 2010 the coalition has borrowed £600 Billion, this has raised the national debt from £0.62 Trillion to £1.26 Trillion today but Labour bankrupted our children's future eh?
Listening to the tories this week has been like living in the twilight zone, but we still see people defending the pack of *******s "Labour's mess, Labour destroyed the economy, Labour are always spending other people's money" and the old favourite which must be due about now "There's no magic money tree"
Well by the standards that they said they'd be happy to be judged on the coalition has been an unmitigated disaster. The deficit that they promised to eliminate within one parliament is now 3 times larger than it was when they took office. There are more people unemployed than when they took office but these figures are masked by the ones they have forced into slave labour, or have sanctioned, or have been pushed into meaningless training. There are more people homeless than when they took office but no one cares about that because homeless people don't get to vote or claim benefits so they don't count.
In the 7th largest economy in the world people are forced to use foodbanks just to survive. Before anyone says anything about that you cannot just bowl up at one and get a free bag of groceries any time you want. Yet we can still find the money for a good old bombing run.
Not many tory supporters seem to mind any of that stuff though. It astonishes me that none of you can see that.
It makes me want to vomit.

The tories always trot out the line that Labour borrow recklessly, labour bankrupt the economy, only we tories can be trusted to handle the economy properly.
Well, between 2004 and 2008 Labour borrowed £148.8 Billion, in 2008/9 (the year of the banking crisis which caused the global (oops sorry Labour's fault) recession) they borrowed £97.5 Billion.
Since being elected in 2010 the coalition has borrowed £600 Billion, this has raised the national debt from £0.62 Trillion to £1.26 Trillion today but Labour bankrupted our children's future eh?
Listening to the tories this week has been like living in the twilight zone, but we still see people defending the pack of *******s "Labour's mess, Labour destroyed the economy, Labour are always spending other people's money" and the old favourite which must be due about now "There's no magic money tree"
Well by the standards that they said they'd be happy to be judged on the coalition has been an unmitigated disaster. The deficit that they promised to eliminate within one parliament is now 3 times larger than it was when they took office. There are more people unemployed than when they took office but these figures are masked by the ones they have forced into slave labour, or have sanctioned, or have been pushed into meaningless training. There are more people homeless than when they took office but no one cares about that because homeless people don't get to vote or claim benefits so they don't count.
In the 7th largest economy in the world people are forced to use foodbanks just to survive. Before anyone says anything about that you cannot just bowl up at one and get a free bag of groceries any time you want. Yet we can still find the money for a good old bombing run.
Not many tory supporters seem to mind any of that stuff though. It astonishes me that none of you can see that.
It makes me want to vomit.
5th Largest, otherwise I agree totally

Yup agreed, however we were both wrong but you were the closest lol

1.$15,940,000,000,000
2.$12,610,000,000,000
3.$4,761,000,000,000
4.$4,704,000,000,000
5.$3,250,000,000,000
6.$2,555,000,000,000
7.$2,394,000,000,000
8.$2,375,000,000,000
9.$2,291,000,000,000
10.$1,863,000,000,000

Hiya Mark .....:seeya:

I hope yer not upsettin' Wor Lad mind. It take ages for me 'n' his Ma t' gerrim calmed doon agyen.

Well, the Institute of Fiscal Studies which is apparently well respected has said that only 15% of the gains from increasing the personal allowance will actually help the poor adding "There are better ways to help the low paid via the tax and benefit systems"
"Tom Papworth, associate director of economic policy at the liberal think-tank CentreForum said "Raising the threshold for the 40p rate cuts taxes for the richest people outside the top 10% of earners. It does nothing for middle earners. ""

Interestingly I've just heard a discussion on the radio by a chap from the Guardian which almost exactly the opposite.

About 20 years ago, you had done REALLY well to break into the 40% bracket - but now its about £41K which catches so many people who are in very "normal" professions.

Raising the tax threshold to £12500 would take so many more people out of paying tax and raising the 40% to £50K is also very good news for earners from £41K to £50K

If my misses, who is a midwife, was working full time, she would be paying 40%. That makes no sense at all.

Not heard ANY of directly yet so not in a position to contribute.

For gods sake, give it a rest.

If Gordon Brown had won in 2010, the debt would have been the same or worse. Nothing Labour has said or planned to do would have changed ANYTHING.

Tax income would not have been sufficient to cover Government expenditure - that is the reality. Oh and before you go on about they (Labour) would have raised taxes, just look across the channel to France to see the disasterious effect that raising taxes has had on their economy.

The brutal truth, which people simply can't understand is that during the good times, running a deficit of 3% whilst having inflation of about 2% was always going to end in tears, then enter, stage left the recession, taxes fall massively, Government expenditure can never respond accordingly - if ANY Government tried cuts to balance the books immediately, the UK economy would have been in melt down, and I don't mean a 1% drop in GDP, the GDP would have dropped by 10-15% and believe me that would have been like the USA after the great crash of 1928.

Back to our childrens future, I suggest you do some comprehensive research into Public Sector Pension commitments, PFI costs over the next 30 years and the effect of the aging population on the NHS - none of this will make you feel any better.

Reply to The tories policies are working in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net