• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
  • If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss They're actually paying an 'electrician' for this in the Electrical Work Up For Grabs |Electrical Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

my brother is a plasterer and he called me to look at a job he was about to do. and it looks like this all over the down stairs of the house!
OMG i said tell the customer not to pay that person who installed it untill its installed properly not even a gromit in sight...

The update no one asked for :eek:

Got asked to go and see if the new rewire from the above chasing was safe (even though its all been signed off by a NICEIC registered electrician.)

Because the plasterer got a belt on top of his head from the cooker supply :flushed::tearsofjoy:

£1800 for a plastic 6 way board with 12 circuits in that was mounted that close to the stairs the front casing wouldn't fit.

I wont go through all the faults (too many to list) just admire that busbar though!

The picture of the cables was 2 rings and 2 radials in a 40 amp breaker, one ring main had 2 sockets on and there was a radial for the entire living room hall landing and up stairs bedrooms :confused: :tearsofjoy:

Thought I'd share a bit of amusement for the weekend

They're actually paying an 'electrician' for this Untitled.jpg b1 - EletriciansForums.net

They're actually paying an 'electrician' for this Untitled.png b2 - EletriciansForums.net

They're actually paying an 'electrician' for this Untitled.jpg b3 - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
its no good I've reported many a niceic they just say they cannot do anything about it the customer has to want to take it further. Someone's they don't want the hassle.

That’s has to be a wind up picture.
Just spotted the stair gate in the picture, they are going to need a much bigger one to stop anyone getting injured on that install.

Reply to They're actually paying an 'electrician' for this in the Electrical Work Up For Grabs |Electrical Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back