Discuss TIS Multifunction tester is giving wildly different ZS from colleagues DILOG in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI, I bought the TIS MFT PRO from CEF, nice touchscreen etc, so in the future I could add on the EV dongle and have a fancy case and tester etc.

But I can't tell if it's just wrong or crazy, or I am. My colleagues budget DILOG MFT's will test a socket Zs at say 0.42. But the TIS MFT even after trying all the over the top fuse/mcb/rcd/no-trip settings is still posting like 1.42, whilst in the other half of the same 13A outlet as the DILOG.

Who out there as bought one of these? What settings is yours on to do a domestic Zs? All the cheaper testers do Zs on the same setting as Ze+PFC loop faultlessly. I've tried every overly complicated setting yet and it won't give a sensible answer

I've previously found Dilog no-trip Zs to be very variable, especially if you don't have the right leads.
In your situation I'd do R1+R2 tests with both testers too.

Is this repeatable at many sockets? Is this an installation with sockets that aren't used much, and have you tried the usual tricks of repeatedly plugging the sockets and giving the switches a good workout? If you swap the two plugs over in the same socket are the readings consistent?

Last edited:
Pick a socket where you can calculate what the result should be (length and size of cable), and check against both meters.
These things are basically ohm meters, but there's too much computer getting between ohms law and the display these days.

Reply to TIS Multifunction tester is giving wildly different ZS from colleagues DILOG in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock