Currently reading:
TNCS earthing arrangent

Discuss TNCS earthing arrangent in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys just a question on tncs

TNCS has a combined earth / neutral

am i right in saying If the neutral failed then the whole installation would become live and you would also loose the earth, however if you bonded the incoming services (water/gas) would this become the fault path? through the met, down the bonded pipework, through general mass of earth and back to the transformer like a tt system ??

Yes if the neutral was lost you also lose the earth.
If there is a line fault to earth and the resistance through the pipe work is less than 1667 ohms then any 30 mA rcd will still trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends where the neutral is lost. PME = Multiple earthing.. ie lots of earth rods along its path. Infact on the new installs I have seen (industrial) they always plonk a rod in whilst they are onsite. and so even if the neutral failed just outside, you still have an earth path

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to TNCS earthing arrangent in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock