Discuss Todays board change - 'real world' with older cables. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Which boards are you fitting, DD? For Hager, there's a significant difference in price. £90 for a 10 way fully loaded dual RCD board, vs £280 for 10 way RCBO. Add an SPD on the latter and you're looking at ~£370.

you can pick up rcbo boards for around the 100 quid mark if you arent brand fussy

What make is that Gavin ?
It is BG. the new style small form RCBOs are £10.63+VAT ea
1624807374210.png

where's this from? best price i've had for compact BG RCBOs was £16 inc vat. screwfi want £24.and the new BG busbar shield is pants.
Rexel Bath/ Chippenham

Every week we all get sent an email from one of the sales reps with the current pricing and promos, Rexel treat BG as the house brand so to speak.
Every Rexel branch has a sales rep whos job is to work out what people want and get together good pricing. they have targets so dont be afraid to point blank say to them give me x at this price ...
For example I bought the new Kewtech KT66DL MFT for £950 Plus VAT. He looked online found cheapest price and took £35 off. was told be here in July had it few weeks back and love it.
99% of the time if i email the area sales rep for the local Rexel branch then he will beat any like for like quote. most of the time I dont even need to go elsewhere as the pricing I get in Rexel is so good. I spend several thousand a month with them as they are by far and above the cheapest in the country for Zappi ev chargers. even cheaper than going to myenergi direct.

Rexel Bath/ Chippenham

Every week we all get sent an email from one of the sales reps with the current pricing and promos, Rexel treat BG as the house brand so to speak.
Every Rexel branch has a sales rep whos job is to work out what people want and get together good pricing. they have targets so dont be afraid to point blank say to them give me x at this price ...
For example I bought the new Kewtech KT66DL MFT for £950 Plus VAT. He looked online found cheapest price and took £35 off. was told be here in July had it few weeks back and love it.
99% of the time if i email the area sales rep for the local Rexel branch then he will beat any like for like quote. most of the time I dont even need to go elsewhere as the pricing I get in Rexel is so good. I spend several thousand a month with them as they are by far and above the cheapest in the country for Zappi ev chargers. even cheaper than going to myenergi direct.
Looking at them discounts it looks like Rexel.
Winner?

I too use them a lot for quoted works as the can be significantly cheaper than the rest.

Reactive jobs get CEF as they're much more convenient.

For Reactive / emergency jobs the price of the materials is normally irrelevant, the customer will pay what ever…

for priced jobs / planned jobs I always do a tool station price up and finally get one of the local wholesalers to see if they can beat it

but to be honest I don’t do massive contract work so quite often the price differential is so minimal it doesn’t matter where I buy from

I even bought 50 usb sockets from Aldi once as they were on offer for £4,99 , nobody not even my usual wholesalers could get anywhere near that price

im now waiting for Lidl to do a range of Rcbo consumer units ?

nowhere near as good quality as the workzone tools from aldi.

A lot of folks make some nice money on ebay, but many won't feel it was such a good earner when the tax man finally comes knocking.

*I was being facetious about Parkside RCBOs
Like we did not know ! But you make under £10k via ebay or social media and you will skim under the surface

Like we did not know ! But you make under £10k via ebay or social media and you will skim under the surface
The government have absolutely no appetite to chase ebay resellers / online traders. there isn’t the man power within the hmrc to go after every seller who might pocket an extra 5 , 10 grand a year flipping items.
in the same way my hairdresser has taken cash from me for 20+ years, the window cleaner only accepts cash, most gardeners I know only accept cash etc

The government have absolutely no appetite to chase ebay resellers / online traders. there isn’t the man power within the hmrc to go after every seller who might pocket an extra 5 , 10 grand a year flipping items.
in the same way my hairdresser has taken cash from me for 20+ years, the window cleaner only accepts cash, most gardeners I know only accept cash etc
Over here revenue just think of a number and send the tax bill

It's up to you to prove you don't owe the money

No major manpower involved

Reply to Todays board change - 'real world' with older cables. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net