Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss TT in agriculture/ building site/ caravan. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

New job looking at. I haven’t been to site yet, but this is the scenario.

DNO just put a new single phase supply into a field PME. Line and neutral tails terminated into a double pole isolator/ no earthing cable installed yet/ no cu connected yet.

I have been asked to fit board and a few circuits to sockets and a caravan initially then quote for bigger installation.

2 barns are to be built on site one with an office in it.

Barns are for storage of food only. No livestock.

So 3 different special locations- construction/ agriculture/ caravan

My thinking is to just TT the installation for all 3 stages.

TBH I don’t normally do agricultural and very little caravan stuff. Other than what’s in the BBB that I have just re read (not the whole book, just the relevant locations) Are there any hints or tips on offer?

The job seems simple enough and it’s not what I know I’m concerned about it’s what I don’t know I don’t know.

Cheers

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
At a guess the DNO have supplied no earth or MET so you will need to TT. TBH it looks to be the easiest and best option open to you at the moment.

Paignton pete

-
Arms
Esteemed
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At a guess the DNO have supplied no earth or MET so you will need to TT. TBH it looks to be the easiest and best option open to you at the moment.
I’ve been informed it is pme. It’s easy enough to attach a 16 mm earthing cable into side of new incoming if I choose, but I’d prefer to make it TT.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to TT in agriculture/ building site/ caravan. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom