Discuss TT in agriculture/ building site/ caravan. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Deleted account

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New job looking at. I haven’t been to site yet, but this is the scenario.

DNO just put a new single phase supply into a field PME. Line and neutral tails terminated into a double pole isolator/ no earthing cable installed yet/ no cu connected yet.

I have been asked to fit board and a few circuits to sockets and a caravan initially then quote for bigger installation.

2 barns are to be built on site one with an office in it.

Barns are for storage of food only. No livestock.

So 3 different special locations- construction/ agriculture/ caravan

My thinking is to just TT the installation for all 3 stages.

TBH I don’t normally do agricultural and very little caravan stuff. Other than what’s in the BBB that I have just re read (not the whole book, just the relevant locations) Are there any hints or tips on offer?

The job seems simple enough and it’s not what I know I’m concerned about it’s what I don’t know I don’t know.

Cheers

At a guess the DNO have supplied no earth or MET so you will need to TT. TBH it looks to be the easiest and best option open to you at the moment.

Reply to TT in agriculture/ building site/ caravan. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock