CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Turn on central heating when no wifi with Nest system ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mikeyt201

-
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,

My daughter's wifi has gone down, all of south west London Virgin users have no wifi for past 3 days due to someone cutting a cable.
She has just moved into a house with Nest installed and is using underfloor heating to get heat.

Does anyone know how to manually turn on the heating with the Nest.

I know nothing about Nest but am visiting her tomorrow and hope to be able to help.

Best wishes Merry Xmas

Aico 3000
Loki

Loki

-
Trainee
Supporter
You should be able to override ie turn on & off heating by pressing the botton on the heat link.
Post automatically merged:

A quick google search came up with this

Screenshot_20191222-134910_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
snowhead

snowhead

-
Mentor
You might think, 3 days or more to reconnect a cut cable.
This is from the Mail, it's allegedly the "Cut" cable;

Virgin cable.PNG

davesparks

davesparks

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Hi,

My daughter's wifi has gone down, all of south west London Virgin users have no wifi for past 3 days due to someone cutting a cable.
She has just moved into a house with Nest installed and is using underfloor heating to get heat.

Does anyone know how to manually turn on the heating with the Nest.

I know nothing about Nest but am visiting her tomorrow and hope to be able to help.

Best wishes Merry Xmas
With no WiFi the Nest will continue to operate exactly as it normally does, the only thing you loose is the ability to control it remotely.

Full control is available from the Nest thermostat without WiFi

M

Mikeyt201

-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi

thanks for all your messages, I will pass the info on.

Strima

Strima

-
Esteemed
Arms
You might think, 3 days or more to reconnect a cut cable.
This is from the Mail, it's allegedly the "Cut" cable;

View attachment 54804
I've seen that, apparently it took out 5x 240F, 4x 160F, 1x 288F, 1x 120F, 1x 96F, 2x 48F fibre cables, that'l keep the splicers busy for a while.

That's 2536 fibres to be relaid and spliced at each end...

S

StephenRowley

-
That's going to very expensive. As others have said it will continue to work as normal bar outside access

Reply to Turn on central heating when no wifi with Nest system ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom