Discuss Types of connection methods in electrical installation in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

Ilaya

Hi guys , can you please help me regarding about my one of my assignments about types connection methods in electrical installation. This is my first year in electrical course thats why im struggling, hope you can help me guys

Welcome to the forum.

We would need to know a little bit more about the question to be able to assist.
Are you talking about how electrical power is connected to installations, are you covering connection of cables together, perhaps it is covering means of connection of portable equipment or maybe the connection of accessories to the fixed wiring.

I would seriously recommend buying a text book. Depending on your training provider and how they run the course, I would have thought that your Tutor would have recommended a book to you already.
I undertook a L2 Electrical Installation course last year at a local college and we were encouraged to get a text book to help us for revision and reference for our assignments. Having A copy of the On Site Guide was essential for some of our theory units and open-book exams.
The text book I have has table in it with a list of termination types and a description of the methods of termination.

The types listed are:
Standard clamped terminal, post type, crimped termination, soldered, push type

If you look those up you should find information to complete your assignment.

Welcome to the forum. As has been said, get yourself a textbook or two, secondhand, a couple of years old are fine and the grass roots information has not changed, local libraries also stock some or can get them. Read and read, in the bath, on the toilet - immerse yourself in it if your life allows you. Search the forum before you post questions as there is plenty of previous questions answered by very experienced sparks. Enjoy your learning - it'll be worth it. Rob

Reply to Types of connection methods in electrical installation in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock