Discuss Unable to confirm Supply characteristics for hospital install in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

prj82

-
Reaction score
Hi All, i have just been sent on a job to certificate a new install in a hospital,but i am banging my head against a wall trying to locate the the primary supply characteristics/main switches/main protective bonding, the hospital has no idea where to look and all the existing test certificates have just LIMED all the sections.I am trying my best not to follow suit and want to get all the info, but i am just wondering is there any Regulation to say it is unacceptable to just LIM it all or says i need to provide it on my test certificates.

thanks in advance

then get your boss to contact their boss, find out what's where.

If they won't allow access to the intake then just stick it down as 'Not Verified' and on the additional notes page explain why you couldn't access the intake such as 'No permission given to access main plant room by maintenance manager, unable to verify characteristics of the main supply or carry out any testing at that location'.

I get this a lot on sites especially the main internet providers, you can only do so much. As long as you have good results at the DB and your circuit is good then happy days, just note it all down on the cert.

Hi All, i have just been sent on a job to certificate a new install in a hospital,but i am banging my head against a wall trying to locate the the primary supply characteristics/main switches/main protective bonding, the hospital has no idea where to look
you have come on this site ,to ask a question when you should be ask you boss
when your boss is paying you . we have not got one of them!

Hi: Has the hospital been up and running or is it new ?
If it's been running then your first port of call would be the Maintenance manager or Head maintenance engineer, they should know where everything is and have keys to access restricted areas. I.e Power & Utility rooms.
If the Hospital isn't running then the Site agent / Project manager should have the information you need, they're normally only too happy to help.

Reply to Unable to confirm Supply characteristics for hospital install in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net