Discuss Underfoor Heating Wiring Centre in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All

Got an issue with a OJ WLM2 Hydronic Master Underfloor Heating Wiring Centre.
When you activate one zone using the room thermostats, the system kicks in and starts heating up the boiler but within 10 minuets the system shuts down!

For reference:
Electric Boiler 13KW (single phase) with 230v switching (not volt free)
Pump
motorised valve
4 Room Stats
5 Heating Zones controlled (2 zones for the lounge off the same stat)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is wondering why a qualified electrician is "messing" with the underfloor heating control centre, this is because in the last 6 months Gas Safe has told all their plumbers in this area that they are NOT to do any electrics, and all the plumbers around here have handed this over to their electricians.
We are in a small area and have no Plumb-elec companies around here and I have been landed with this lovely job.

Hi All
Sorry for the delay, the voltage drops out on the S-Live when the boiler drops out, but the control centre states that there is still demand for the boiler and the pump is still running.

After speaking to Tech today it has been determined that the control centre has packed up!

and since this control centre is discontinued, What control centre would you all recommend is the best to use.

At present the cables installed are 0.75mm twin core (no cpc) so SELV is the only option or wireless battery. It must also be simple to install and commission

Hi All
Sorry for the delay, the voltage drops out on the S-Live when the boiler drops out, but the control centre states that there is still demand for the boiler and the pump is still running.

After speaking to Tech today it has been determined that the control centre has packed up!

and since this control centre is discontinued, What control centre would you all recommend is the best to use.

At present the cables installed are 0.75mm twin core (no cpc) so SELV is the only option or wireless battery. It must also be simple to install and commission

Did you also check if the voltage drops out on the brown of the valve?

Hi Guys, hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but is it possible one of the room stats in the house is an override stat? I've connected one or two of these systems and building control insisted this was installed as was part of the electric boilers control system!

Hi Guys, hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but is it possible one of the room stats in the house is an override stat? I've connected one or two of these systems and building control insisted this was installed as was part of the electric boilers control system!

Everyone's suggestion is very much valued!
All the states are the same model number and are unique to the control centre.

Thanks all the same

Reply to Underfoor Heating Wiring Centre in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net