Discuss unqualified council inspection! in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

welshgit

Hi all,

I have just completed the 1st fix on a rewire and have invited the local council along to inspect (huge invitation fee!!!!!) in order to apply for part P registration.

I have installed everything to 17th as this is my qualification and to me makes it easier.

Council guy is 16th and wants me to alter everything so he can adequately assess it!!!

He wants me to swap a 30ma RCD for a 100ma time delay RCD as the supply is TT. This cost is huge for the customer. Also he wants me to supplementry bond the bathroom and cap all my cable chases with steel capping:mad:.

I have tried to argue but he is being awkward.

I have explained that all chases are in the safe zones and although not 50mm in the wall (engineering bricks:eek:) are protected by RCD's.

He has rebooked for today and is coming along with his foreman and the building inspector.

His excuse is that I am the 1st 17th in the area and I am the test case for them to get to grips with the new regs!

Anybody else experiencing similar problems

Ask them why the've not done the 2382-20, they've had long enough to get it sorted.
If you've installed to the 17th ed thats not a problem & you are within your rights to stand your ground.

His excuse is that I am the 1st 17th in the area and I am the test case for them to get to grips with the new regs!
This isnt your problem.

Cheers for the support guys,

The rebooked inspection went well.

The foreman walked in saw the new dual 30ma board and said that it had passed 1st fix.

I asked why it had been so awkward and he replied 'coz it this long for the NICEIC to get back to us'.

I am glad that I can can get registered after this!!!:D

i can understand some sparks not up to speed
on the 1st of july i passed mine in june if the course had been full
it may have took me into july but someone who is basicly employed by local goverment should not be inspecting 17th edition work when they only hold 16th well done for sticking to your guns

Reply to unqualified council inspection! in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net