Discuss urgent help really confused in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

michufc

hi i have been asked to work for a church i have my 17th and registered with niceic d/i i know i have to test and cert
but can i do the work
please help

hi i have been asked to work for a church i have my 17th and registered with niceic d/i i know i have to test and cert
but can i do the work
please help
I think YOU should be more aware of your own competencies rather than us????
Have you got adequate insurance?Rebuilding a church might prove a little more expensive than a house.
The last ones I worked on were mostly mics wiring.I was working for a niceic regd guy at the time. We wern't responsable to local council though,I think the churches have their own body in charge of their maintenance.You could end up getting a load of work out of this.Their networks often extend far and wide.,creches,youthclubs,comunity centres,manses, good luck.

Hi

If your a qualified electrician why not, you don't even have to be NICEIC registered unless they request you are. The priest might make you come to church for six weeks before you start work and get rid of your big red book for the B.I.B.L.E.

Regards

yes it all started with a coupe of small jobs but it has led to a lot of work so far so good

i wish you all the best for the future
i have got to go now my wife has gone into labour

IU dont want to put a downer on you with regard to the question,but although my own opinion is that if you are competent then that should suffice
The church may have guidance which excludes you as a domestic installer
I am not able to give a link or precise wording,but the churches governing body I think its the ecclisiastical council or other issued guidance which I have read fairly recently
They wrote a memorandum of guidance to the churches stating that they were to be aware of who they engage for electrical work.It then went on about DI is for domestic work only and that an approved contractor should be engaged to carry out work on churches

My advise would be to carry out the work,issue the correct certification and what may be may be
But good luck anyway

Depending on how old the church is as well I have seen the wiring done in bare pyro so that it blends in with the sandstone pillars when runnig down to any light etc on the pillars.

Reply to urgent help really confused in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net