Discuss Veritas R8 settings options in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Julie.

Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
We have a veritas R8 with remote keypad.

Currently there is the one pass number which allow users to set all/part of the system.

I would like to add another passcode which has a different range of zones.

So say a master (1234) - which will set/unset all 8 zones - or part
plus a visitor (5678) - which will only be able to unset zones 1-6 (zones 7,8 requiring the master code)

Is this possible with this unit?

BTW the passkeys are not really 1234, or 5678 - just an example

Tel you have linked to an R8+ manual which is a different panel to the R8

Julie it is not possible to do what you want with any of the panels in the Veritas range any user code will unset all of the system, you would need a Texecom Premier Elite panel to give you the full set / part unset option you want, the Premier Elite allows you to program circuits to areas which can be globally or individually controlled by user codes. The number of areas available depends on how many zones the panel has the 24 zone has 2 areas the 48 zone has 4 areas

Tel you have linked to an R8+ manual which is a different panel to the R8

Julie it is not possible to do what you want with any of the panels in the Veritas range any user code will unset all of the system, you would need a Texecom Premier Elite panel to give you the full set / part unset option you want, the Premier Elite allows you to program circuits to areas which can be globally or individually controlled by user codes. The number of areas available depends on how many zones the panel has the 24 zone has 2 areas the 48 zone has 4 areas
Thanks, I couldn't work out how to do it, I read and re-read the manual and just thought I was missing something, it looked so much like it should be possible, but not quite!

Thanks, I couldn't work out how to do it, I read and re-read the manual and just thought I was missing something, it looked so much like it should be possible, but not quite!
OOPS!! Just checked the master user manual for the Veritas R8+ / Excel panel and that would do what you want to do using the cleaner code which only omits zones and does not unset the system when the code is used and will reinstate the zones when the code is re-entered and full or part is pressed. Never been asked for that before and I have fitted dozens of them. Unfortunately the R8 doesn't have that option so the best option would be to change the panel PCB for an R8+ or Excel, the Excel keypad has the benefit of an LCD display

Reply to Veritas R8 settings options in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net