Discuss Wagos on Final Ring Circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Spotted this video on Efixx and it reminded me of this thread:
MK Logic Rapid Fix.
Actually that is a brilliant idea!

Yes, a little on the pricy side but you can see it would lead to time-saving and probably far fewer problems of poor ring continuity in the future.

Looking back at original posting to see what its all about, in ~13 JSJW quotes a method for terminating to socket outlets.
I use wago's to terminate for testing at first fix stage but then disconnect and terminate the single core conductors straight into socket terminals for second fix (re-using the wago's eleswhere).
I think (although never tried it) phaffing about with flexible conductor (extra cost and time) which 9 times out 10 would need a ferrule to terminate correctly would be less efficient?

They are £5.99 at Screwfix. When other makers get on board, with single, FCUs. etc, expect them to drop substantially in price, as did screwless downlighters.

They are well overdue. They still do not eliminate Wagos at the back of backboxes for ease of 1st fix testing.

I do not know what max amps the connections on the back of these MK Rapids is. I assume 32A.

Some 4mm radials go over 32A. So best fit a ring in that case.

Nevertheless, a great advance. We are still about 40 years behind Denmark, Germany, etc, where screwless sockets are the norm.

Last edited:
Fitted some 32A triple pole sockets a few years back with push fit connections. Lifted a plastic pin pushed conductor in then pushed pin back down. Wasn't sure about them but they gave no problems.
Not UK 13A 3 pins. What were they?
Looking back at original posting to see what its all about, in ~13 JSJW quotes a method for terminating to socket outlets.
I use wago's to terminate for testing at first fix stage but then disconnect and terminate the single core conductors straight into socket terminals for second fix (re-using the wago's eleswhere).
I think (although never tried it) phaffing about with flexible conductor (extra cost and time) which 9 times out 10 would need a ferrule to terminate correctly would be less efficient?
It is quicker leaving in the Wagos.
30 sockets, which is normal in many homes, can have 90 flex tails. Easy and much quicker when the tails are fixed to the sockets on a bench. Then a sinch in pushing them back into the boxes, with no stress on the terminals.

Also, no terminal has more that one conductor in it. Current only flows through the socket terminals when that socket draws current.

The sockets terminals are not used as junctions, carrying the final ring's load. The superior Wagos with one conductor in each slot, carries the load.

Much superior method.
Safer all around.
Quicker to install.
Eliminates stress on conductors and screwed terminals also.

It can knock a day off an install.
Cables all tested on 1st fix.

Last edited:
Not UK 13A 3 pins. What were they?

It is quicker leaving in the Wagos.
30 sockets, which is normal in many homes, can have 90 flex tails. Easy and fixed to the sockets on a bench. Then a sinch in pushing them back into the boxes, with no stress on the terminals.

Also, no terminal has more that one conductor in it. Current only flows through the socket terminals when that socket draws current.

The sockets terminals are not used as junctions, carrying the final ring's load. The superior Wagos with one conductor in each slot, carries the load.

Much superior method.
Safer all around.
Quicker to install.
Eliminates stress on conductors and screwed terminals also.
IEC 60309 32A socket.

Reply to Wagos on Final Ring Circuits in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock