Discuss Wha would the effect of incorrect phase sequence to the 5kw machine in a workshop be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Re: Wha would the effect of incorrect phase sequence to the 5kw machine in a workshop

.....and a planing machine in a joinery workshop sends out thicker timber than you put in....:jester:

Re: Wha would the effect of incorrect phase sequence to the 5kw machine in a workshop

The important thing is to carry out a full "FUNCTIONAL TEST". It is easy for to get the motor running in the correct direction but have all the FWD and REV limit switches swapped over. This can be extremely dangerous as things like the limit switches will not work( as previously mentioned).

This usually happens if the motor is connected the wrong way round and then as it is possibly more difficult to access the direction is corrected at the fuse board. It may have been done the wrong way before you even started working on the machine so beware.
Interesting about centrifugal pumps actually pumping even though they are running in reverse.

I have known installations wired incorrectly, only to find that the electrician on site has swapped 2 of the phases over on EVERY piece of equipment to get it right, rather than go back to the supply.

I have known installations wired incorrectly, only to find that the electrician on site has swapped 2 of the phases over on EVERY piece of equipment to get it right, rather than go back to the supply.

I made a contracting firm reverse the direction of 120 motors. Pity I’d forgotten to tell them the entire works had reverse rotation

I made a contracting firm reverse the direction of 120 motors. Pity I’d forgotten to tell them the entire works had reverse rotation

You've got a naughty streak in you! :wink_smile:

I bet your name was used in some colourful ways....

We were installing 11 MCC's, the 120 motors was off the first to be installed. They wanted to reverse the 600A incomer to that one panel only, NO WAY!

For anyone interested in some unrelated trivia, the milk used to be put in before the tea and sugar to prevent the hot tea from cracking the cheap crockery :)

Milk first then teabag then boiling water. Anything else is the work of the devil:)

For anyone interested in some unrelated trivia, the milk used to be put in before the tea and sugar to prevent the hot tea from cracking the cheap crockery :)
So that's why me oxo used to spontaneously combust....

Tea then hot water, allow to brew. 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, NO milk!

Got to be Yorkshire hard water tea, it's the best.

Reply to Wha would the effect of incorrect phase sequence to the 5kw machine in a workshop be in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock