Discuss What does OL mean on fluke T5? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all..

I have bought a PD690 proving unit and when I test my T5-600 I get the letters OL on the fluke. Does this mean off limit? I did check with a good company and they said that this was a suitable proving unit for the T5-600.

It's just a bit off putting as the whole idea is for me to be certain that the voltage tester is working. When I put the probes of the MFT in it comes up as 570V so I can clearly see its working but I shall be using it for the Fluke mainly!

Can I assume the Fluke is working if it comes up as OL?

The Fluke maunal does not mention this.

Cheers.

Evening all..

I have bought a PD690 proving unit and when I test my T5-600 I get the letters OL on the fluke. Does this mean off limit? I did check with a good company and they said that this was a suitable proving unit for the T5-600.

It's just a bit off putting as the whole idea is for me to be certain that the voltage tester is working. When I put the probes of the MFT in it comes up as 570V so I can clearly see its working but I shall be using it for the Fluke mainly!

Can I assume the Fluke is working if it comes up as OL?

The Fluke maunal does not mention this.

Cheers.
should have got the t5 1000 instead.

tony is right though i dont trust open jaw ameters for that reason

you cant beat a proper indicator like the martindale ones though

Reply to What does OL mean on fluke T5? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’ve recently come into a people’s with my fluke T130 I’ve been proving it recently on my fluke proving unit and it shows 60v then ramps up to 90v...
Replies
Views
I will start by apologising to @westward10 as he will have had to take time out to move this thread to the correct section. I am terrible at...
Replies
Views
At work we've got an 8 panel single string set up, going into a 3000w inverter via a double pole DC isolator. The AC goes supply > isolator >...
Replies
Views
Hey all, looking for a bit of industrial electrical advice, I'm kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment, the company I work...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock