Discuss What will I need for new build work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ifbrick or concrete, needs drilling first. for softblock>>>>

..... What will I need for new build work? 1619087041319 - EletriciansForums.net

Don't forget the ability to leave 18 inches of single insulated cores free at each light fitting so that we can tell its original new build wiring and not a DIY addition....?

I should think they will last just long enough for the property to be sold. ?
still come across them nails, been in there for 70 years . tight as a duck's arse.

nah. they were realmen then. used plain shanked nails, but then wood was wood them days, not weetabix or MDF ( mindless dross faux)

My house in Kent has Ket Pegs which as the name suggests the tiles are held on with Oak pegs, in France most older houses rely on friction, they don't fix them, I think its a job creation scheme, come every winter most people with old farm house's have to have roof work done.

a sit-on toolbox for 2nd fixing sockets. hammer to find back boxes after the spreads have filled them. sharpie to ID cables.
Milwalkee right angle drive for tight spaces drilling joists.

Brilliant, I’ve never seen this before but I’ve I’ve been bloody close to splashing out on a right angled drill for 10x the price at times!

Brilliant, I’ve never seen this before but I’ve I’ve been bloody close to splashing out on a right angled drill for 10x the price at times!

I have the Dewalt version (was cheaper than Milwaukee at the time of purchase).

It's okay, but not a patch on dedicated right angle power tools. Given the price difference, these attachments are a worthwhile investment.

Brilliant idea! Except CEF has, once again, got none in stock here or anywhere near by.
get them to get you one sent up from Northwich. think mine was £15.95 +vat, so a tad dearer than amazon.

I have the CK one and it does a great job of stripping T&E. But the utterly pointless crimp bits in the handles tends to bit you palms if not really careful!

I would be tempted to get the Jokari T&E instead, but I don't know how it feels to be able to say one way or another.

Or get the cheaper CK one and angle-grind those bits off!
https://www.screwflix..com/p/magnusson-vde-wire-stripping-pliers-6-160mm/4308x

https://www.screwflix..com/p/magnusson-vde-wire-stripping-pliers-6-160mm/4308x
I have one of them (different brand, same idea), OK for some jobs but fiddly to set right and rarely stay set.

For T&E or 3&E you are much better/faster with one of the "automatic" ones, one action takes off the sheath neatly, repeat and off comes both (or all 3) of the primary insulation.

I have one of them (different brand, same idea), OK for some jobs but fiddly to set right and rarely stay set.
Have more than one, set them to specific sizes, mark them in some way, use Loctite and do the locknut up really tight.

For T&E or 3&E you are much better/faster with one of the "automatic" ones, one action takes off the sheath neatly, repeat and off comes both (or all 3) of the primary insulation.
Yeah - got those too, the CK one shown and the Jokari Flachkabelzange.

A chap can never have too many tools though, although I recognise that lugging everything about all of the time might not be the smartest idea.

Reply to What will I need for new build work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock