Discuss What will I need for new build work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Agreed, but not for the soft blockwork used now days in house construction, that's usually only on the garage /kitchen wall! the rest will be timber framed.

Most houses over here are still block construction on the ground floor, with studding only used internally on the 1st floor. If I have to drill a hole in block it's not a great hardship to pop in a plug, rather than use a much more expensive alternative - for timber framing wood screws still work as well as they always have.

Concrete screws definitely have their place, but I'm not convinced it's holding lightweight electrical fixtures.

An idea to deal with the going out of adjustment problem...

Why not get one with fixed sizes such as this:

The ideal T-stripper style are not VDE insuated, but for most work (especially the ones for thin instrument wire) work really well.
The thing I like about the one I showed is that it will get into and work in confined spaces - no need to be able to pull it sideways.

If you just have one, it's cheap enough to have along with all the others, for when it's handy.

Most houses over here are still block construction on the ground floor, with studding only used internally on the 1st floor. If I have to drill a hole in block it's not a great hardship to pop in a plug, rather than use a much more expensive alternative - for timber framing wood screws still work as well as they always have.

Concrete screws definitely have their place, but I'm not convinced it's holding lightweight electrical fixtures.
I never said they did, personally I would never use them, it was just an alternative I was pointing out as available, nothing beats a plug and screw. (help yourself)

Why? Why not get one with fixed sizes such as this:

The ideal T-stripper style are not VDE insuated, but for most work (especially the ones for thin instrument wire) work really well.
Wickes did (may still do) a version of this that actually had correct UK sizes on for a nice price - was my standard for years before I found the CK strippers, and a set of Knipex installation pliers.

Still have the issue with cutting close in backboxes that needs a different tool (Jokari) - someone please design a tool that works for all those scenarios, is small, and also less than £20 please thanks...

Reply to What will I need for new build work? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock