Discuss Whats my best option after level 3 2365? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Lacy Wheeler

Hi all, I am near to completing my level 3 2365 and I'm not sure which qualification to go on to next. I would of loved to do the full nvq but it's not possible as I'm in full time employment as a maintenance engineer so I just don't get enough experience of actual install work. I'm thinking about maybe doing a hnc but it will have to be distance learnin, has anybody here done it this way??
I know I could get a job as a trainee sparky but i can't afford to take the drop I money.
any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi all, I am near to completing my level 3 2365 and I'm not sure which qualification to go on to next. I would of loved to do the full nvq but it's not possible as I'm in full time employment as a maintenance engineer so I just don't get enough experience of actual install work. I'm thinking about maybe doing a hnc but it will have to be distance learnin, has anybody here done it this way??
I know I could get a job as a trainee sparky but i can't afford to take the drop I money.
any advice would be much appreciated.

Can't you do the bridging units and portfolio where you are working now doing the City & Guilds NVQ 2357 Level 3 Electro Technical Technology Maintenance instead of the City & Guilds NVQ 2357 Level 3 Electro Technical Technology Installation​?

Last edited:
I have my level 1 22330 + level 2&3 2365. finished it last year and had a pain in the ... of a year.... i have got my 17th edition and i am about to get my 2394/5 testing and inspection in july Once i have them i can get onto napit /niceic or storma. and that is what i am doing. IWILL need an nvq and am2 to get a jib card though

You can do an nvq and am2 its going to cost roughly 1k-1.5k

I think I will try and do the whole nvq I'm just a little worried about the am2 as I don't really get any hands on installation work. I have plenty of jobs at work that would be perfect for creating a portfolio for the maintenance nvq.
Does anybody know if there are any courses that deal specifically with getting g you through the am2.

I think I will try and do the whole nvq I'm just a little worried about the am2 as I don't really get any hands on installation work. I have plenty of jobs at work that would be perfect for creating a portfolio for the maintenance nvq.
Does anybody know if there are any courses that deal specifically with getting g you through the am2.

you could do a am2 preparation course/day like this

Dartford AM2

^ No you can do them in any order but if you do your nvq first you wont get your cert till you get your am2 done "what i heard"

Incorrect. There is no order which one you can do 1st.
normally the am2 is done at the end or rather either just before the logbook is marked or after.

i got my results on the same day that i finished my test (left the centre at 11am and got my results in an email at 8pm)

there were not many people doing it at the centre so it was marked after i did each section

it just took a while to get the cert through the door

Reply to Whats my best option after level 3 2365? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock