Discuss Whats the best LED GU10 dim bulbs you use ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

LukeD

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Going to think about stepping away from Lucceco . But not wanting to pay fortunes . What bulbs do you have good results with when matching with the right dimmer modules etc ? thanks

Philips Master Expert Colour with Varilight dimmer. Despite the claims, the lamps are more like a 35W replacement than 50W though.

I have been using the LAP non dimmable lamps for a couple of years now with no failures.
I've not tried the dimmable ones though.

I also recommend Varilight dimmers, I've not come across a situation where they didn't work.

Just to point out that the lamps linked to by @marconi are not actually the dimmable ones, which can be found on the website elsewhere.

i use the lap dimmable with varilight pro, installed hundreds and not been called back to one yet. also they have a 3 year warranty which i point out to the customer so they would call me back if they were faulty.

V pro it is then !

Maybe I just need to really concentrate when setting them up ! sometimes they fly straight from the bag. Other time I am doing morse code for 10 mins !

I now write with a permanent marker the date on a new LED lamp when it is fitted - because they don't seem to last that long - two years at most. SAXBY do a replacement service IIRC should the lamp fail within its warranty period - check this though:

https://www.saxbylighting.com/docs/...y_lighting_warranties-14-02-2020.pdf?sfvrsn=2

I have never used it TBH - life is too short sometimes to go through the faff.

Again, Varilight V-Pro and either LAP dimmable GU10's, or Aurora Ice dimmable GU10s (if the client wants to spend a bit more, they kick out a bit more light per watt).

Incidentally, for the V-Pro modules, it works out cheapest to buy a 2-gang dimmer from screwfix (code 98455) and just take the modules out.

i use the lap dimmable with varilight pro, installed hundreds and not been called back to one yet. also they have a 3 year warranty which i point out to the customer so they would call me back if they were faulty.
I think this is the first time I have read a positive review about LAP products on this forum. So positive that I shall in fact give them a go. One question about the Vpro. What's the minimum wattage led, s it will satisfactorily dim?

I think this is the first time I have read a positive review about LAP products on this forum. So positive that I shall in fact give them a go. One question about the Vpro. What's the minimum wattage led, s it will satisfactorily dim?
Have a read through the instructions. It's got all sorts of adjustable parameters:

Again, Varilight V-Pro and either LAP dimmable GU10's, or Aurora Ice dimmable GU10s (if the client wants to spend a bit more, they kick out a bit more light per watt).

Incidentally, for the V-Pro modules, it works out cheapest to buy a 2-gang dimmer from screwfix (code 98455) and just take the modules out.
True !! . I also use to use Hamiltons .Expensive and super reliable. But not easy to get

True !! . I also use to use Hamiltons .Expensive and super reliable. But not easy to get
While we are on the subject of led lamps, occasionally I come across situations where customers complain of a very slight flicker from their leds .On investigation I have not always been able to nail down the issue and end up suggesting we try a better quality lamp, which often does the trick. However it is frustrating when you don, t find out the exact cause of the issue. I wondered what you guys find to be the most common cause, s of led "flicker" and what are the most common solutions?

Reply to Whats the best LED GU10 dim bulbs you use ? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock