Discuss Which is Better: 15 Amp Split Circuit or 20 Amp Circuit in Kitchen? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

PCantin

DIY
Reaction score
Hi there.

I am a doing some DIY kitchen work. In Ontario Canada, code allows either a split 15 amp multi-wire circuit or a 20 amp circuit (each with two receptacles allowed on the circuit). We only need GFCI if 1.5 m from a sink, so the outlets I am installing do not need GFCI protection.

Is one setup better than the other? I have the drywall off, so wiring the 12/2 wire for the 20 amp circuits or the 14/3 wire for the split isn't an issue. Both options are legal by code, but I just don't know which way to go. Maybe it is best to simply run two dedicated 20 amp outlets, as it takes the same amount of spaces in my panel as the double 15 amp breaker for the split.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Reply to Which is Better: 15 Amp Split Circuit or 20 Amp Circuit in Kitchen? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there. I am a DIYer and am located in Ontario, Canada. I would like to put in a dedicated 20 amp circuit into my attached garage for my 15 amp...
Replies
Views
I am about to install two electrical receptacle outlets above a kitchen countertop. 50+ years ago, the original house wiring had no outlets there...
Replies
Views
I may have posted this before but not sure if it made it in. I want to install an EV Charger in my garage. The panel is two stories up and the...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a 1 bedroom appartment from 1954. I opened my breaker box to find out what the extra double 20 amp was used for and I realized that it's...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock