Discuss Why I never wear a wedding ring GRAPHIC CONTENT do not open if queasy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Barry White

A footballer trying to climb a fence lost his finger when his wedding ring caught on top of a chail link fence.
It was torn off by his body weight.
There are numerous instances of rings doing this and I firmly believe I would have no finger to put a ring on if I had worn one.

This-is-why-you-should-take-you-ring-off-as-footballer-loses-finger-in-game.jpg

full story here This is why you should take your rings off before playing sport - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/husband-finger-torn-during-five-7936622

Yes my father never wore a wedding ring (he was a tool maker and it was a known hazard)
I've always worn one (well since married) and despite doing a lot of mechanical work have managed to keep all my fingers.
It does get a bit mangled sometimes and I have to some panel beating on it and I'm on my second one now (the first was too soft) but after 31 years I can't grumble.

Plastic or a rubber grommet lol. The weak part wont work either IMHO as anyone who wears a ring has to "pannel beat" it back into shape after work.

Every now and then I catch my ring on door handles and the like and you get an instant feeling of dread. Anyone with an engineering type practical background probably gets that feeling. My ring is tugsten carbide so will outlast me (and my fingers)!

That will be painful, poor chap !
On the other hand (sorry, just my weird sense of humour) not wearing a ring doesn't prevent this type of injury either. Years ago my neighbour was cleaning gutters, fell off the ladder and caught a knuckle in the paling fence on the way down, much the same result as pic.

Reply to Why I never wear a wedding ring GRAPHIC CONTENT do not open if queasy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock