Discuss will a Level 6 course in Electronic/electrical engineering help me get an apprenticeship in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ronnieg

Hi i am 20 years old currently studying electronic/electrical engineering at college and will finish the course in june, i am applying for different electrician apprenticeships but there are not many on offer, none of the apprenticeships list my course as an advantage and i know the work i cover in college is different from the work i will do as a spark as i worked as a sparks mate for 3 months. So what i am asking is will the course i am doing just now give me an advantage when applying for an apprenticeship? and if i dont secure an apprenticeship this year i will start a HNC in electrical engineering will this give me an advantage when applying for apprenticeships? thanks

You don't say what qualification your current course leads to.

It leads to an NC in both electrical and electronic engineering the units that i study are:

Communication
Engineering: Applying Information Technology
Electrical Principles
Electrical Testing and Measurement
Fundamental Electrical Systems
Mathematics: Technician 1
Mathematics: Technician 2
Single and Three Phase Induction Motors
Earthing and Earth Fault Current Protection
Electrical Plant Maintenance
Earthing and Earth Fault Current Protection
Applications of Programmable Logic Controllers
Electrical Wiring Skills
Engineering Project
Fundamental Electronics
Transformation and Rectification
Rotating Electrical Machines
Combinational Logic
Sequential Logic
Network analysis

Although a company may take you on with this qual, you may still have to pay for the apprenticeship, depending on your age when you start it. There is no APL unfortunately.

Jay

Reply to will a Level 6 course in Electronic/electrical engineering help me get an apprenticeship in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock