Discuss Wireless room thermostat query in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys. Just bought a Honeywell CM700 series wireless room stat/programmer with BDR91 relay box/receiver to link with Worcester Bosch 28CDi combi boiler.
Using a 4-core will take L/N feed from boiler to L/N in receiver and route the Ls/T1-A and Lr/T2-B.
But there are 2 L terminals in the receiver, which one do I use? See wiring diagram picture attached. The one on the left of right?
If boiler was powered through the programmer, then I understand. As it is, I’m taking the feed from the boiler.

Thank you in advance

Wireless room thermostat query image - EletriciansForums.net

if you mean the 2 L terminals in the boiler, they are (or should be ) linked in the boiler, so the left one is Lin to boiler and right one is Lout to receiver. check with a meter.

if you mean the 2 L terminals in the boiler, they are (or should be ) linked in the boiler, so the left one is Lin to boiler and right one is Lout to receiver. check with a meter.
Cheers telectrix. The two L terminals I’m referring too are in the BDR91 room stat/programmer. One of these will link to the L from the boiler, But which one?
Note: I’m piggy backing N/L from the boiler.

Take a permanent live and neutral to the receiver. Link the second L in the reciever to terminal A. Then terminal B to Lr in boiler.
Remove the link in the boiler

Or do what buzz said didnt see his comment before posting

two options

option one requires two cables

one cable perm live, neutral, and earth from the boiler fused spur (live to live, neutral to neutral, link live to A)

another cable from the receiver b port to boiler lr

option two 5 core cable from the boiler

boiler side Ls to live, Ns To neutral, earth to earth, link live to a, B to Lr on boiler

both acceptable but if you need to remove the cover / case of the boiler with tools eg screwed on you need to be registered / qualified

Thanks Corbs. Option two is most likely, my query was whether I needed to link receiver ‘L out’ to receiver A. Your response answers that, thank you.
Now I have to buy10m because it’s not sold in 1m lengths!

Thanks all

Thanks Corbs. Option two is most likely, my query was whether I needed to link receiver ‘L out’ to receiver A. Your response answers that, thank you.
Now I have to buy10m because it’s not sold in 1m lengths!

Thanks all

I think b and q sell it in 5m 0.75mm is good enough while being easy to work with

Thanks guys, yep definitely H/R cable/flex. Will check bandq and all the other usual haunts.
Although, if I reroute existing cable so the fused spur connects to the relay box/receiver and the boiler is then powered from the relay box/receiver I will only need a 2-core for the relay box/receiver to boiler connection. Just as in the wiring diagram as intended. Meaning I could utilise existing cables.
Hmm choices choices.

Cheers guys, much appreciate your input.

Fortunately, non of the wiring goes through the closed/sealed section of my boiler. At least no wiring that I need access too. I’ve checked and it’s all accessible and runs under the boiler unit into and out of the front panel. The biggest pain would be removing the existing cable run to the old room stat.

Thanks for all the comments and advice guys.

Take a permanent live and neutral to the receiver. Link the second L in the reciever to terminal A. Then terminal B to Lr in boiler.
Remove the link in the boiler

Or do what buzz said didnt see his comment before posting

That is not in accordance with manufacturers instructions and can result in problems with the warranty in the future.

Thank you all for your input and support. Job completed, working a treat (so far) and old unsightly thermostat n wiring removed.
All the best.

Reply to Wireless room thermostat query in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock