Discuss Wireless switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Planning a re-wire of a very old thatched property.

All lighting will be via 2A sockets (except bathrooms) and some of the walls are just wooden planks (building control are very protective about them) and it wouldn't look nice clipping cables on the surface to a switch on a surface pattress.

Thinking of using a wireless switch, used them before on oustide lights (Easyswitch), anyone used similar for my application? Can they work with conventional 2/3 way switch configurations?

We use Rf solutions for this kind of stuff. They make modules that fit behind a standard switch and make it wireless. connecting more switches is as easy as pairing it up.
They are very helpful if you give them a ring and do us some discount for larger orders

That is an new one to me. Modern tech blimey. lol

And i can only imagine the cost of such a system, not to mention the reliabilty and life span of the system....

Used such a system on 2 residence blocks on one of my hospital projects in the Middle East, the system cost silly money, and was nothing but trouble from literary day one. All got stripped out during the 1 year warranty period and replaced with conventional hard wiring. ...All at great cost i might add!!

I'd be wanting some hard and fast long warranties on any similar system, before i'd think about entertaining them again...

We use Rf solutions for this kind of stuff. They make modules that fit behind a standard switch and make it wireless. connecting more switches is as easy as pairing it up.
They are very helpful if you give them a ring and do us some discount for larger orders

Just looked at their web site but can't find anything that would do the application I'm looking for.

Hi Yellowvanman , we have used the easyswitch a few times and they can be good to get you out of a hole .

In fact I have just used some of their gear today on three linked barn conversions we are just finishing , as it is one building split into three , each with their own separate incomers and one for the landlords supply ( heating ) .
Each of the under floor heating manifolds are linked back to the boiler which would have given me four separate company supplies in the master heating controller , so we have used three separate sender units linked to one base station back at the boiler .

As Engineer 54 says they can be a bit temperamental sometimes and costly but if there is no other way !

As for Rf solutions , I would not touch them with a s""ty stick !
We have used the fire fly system twice now and it failed within 2 weeks on the first one which was controlling a slide on the bottom of a grain holding bin , and the second time we used them was on a remote start system for a gen set , in the last 2 years we have replaced eight remote hand sets at our cost for some thing like from memory , £70 or £80 a shot and they have now discontinued them , so our client is going to be well impressed when the next one goes !

Reply to Wireless switches in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock