Discuss Wiring a Safety Relay to a Safety Interlocking Switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need help/feedback.

I am modifying a machine. I have added an aluminium profile frame (enclosure ) to a machine (the machine will be inside this enclosure; on the drawing, it is marked as an "external unit"). On the profile frame, I have added a door; on the door, I have added a Safety Interlocking Switch. If I open the door, I want the switch to kill power to the contactor, which then turns off the machine.

Now I have it all wired up; the safety relay is getting power; however, the safety switch is not turning off the power to the relay. The channels on the safety relay is not turning on either,

I have wired the safety switch to the safety Relay in line with the GSM user manual. I have wired it in two different configurations but to no avail.

V1 wiring: the safety switch is flashing red, meaning error state, as per the GSM user manual,

V1 wiring: the safety switch is green. However, I want to get blinking green because I am not using the lock control input.

From my understanding, getting Green light means the GSM is ready to lock the door, and the blinking green means no lock is needed; once the connecting with the door and the switch is disconnected, the safety switch will turn off the safety relay.

I have contacted Keyence about this, but they have yet to be helpful; the below image is the response I got. I'm assuming the safety relay I have should work, and I can't see that there would be a difference if I got another safety relay; maybe there is something Im missing; someone, please correct me if otherwise

"Hello Micheál,

I hope you are well thank you having a go at those other wiring setups.

Have you heard anything from Pilz yet on this?

Unfortunately, as I mentioned on the phone we haven’t tested the GS with all safety relays on the market so cannot provide bespoke wiring guides however we have in the UK confirmed operation with the PIlz X3 unit."

Kind regards,

If anyone has experience here, please share your thoughts.

Micheál

Attachments

• 1-1-Sheet Cutter V2.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1-Sheet Cutter V1.pdf
    879.5 KB · Views: 7
  • GSM Instructions Manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
What performance level are you aiming for?
It’s whole body access, so Pld or Ple?
This is pretty much the first port of call before deciding on how you wire it.

Reply to Wiring a Safety Relay to a Safety Interlocking Switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock