Discuss Wiring additional lighting without upsetting bulb warnings in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for some guidance on how to go about wiring up the lighting that was fitted to my Iveco daily van.

Previous owner had fitted and wired up some spotlights along with additional lights at the front and rear to repeat the side, brake and indicator functions. along with powering parking sensors and a reverse camera plus a roof mounted beacon and some strobes on the front grille

Unfortunately the quality of the wiring made it quite frankly a miracle that it didn't go up in flames (electric cab heater positive cable wrapped around the main battery positive cable behind the dash with the insulation peeled back and no insulation or fuse etc just left behind there)

I have been repairing the wiring as I've went but have run into an issue getting the additional lights to work (I'd prefer they did) without upsetting the bulb warning lights that the previous owner didn't care about. He had originally daisy chained 7-core trailer cable everywhere with individual runs and cables hanging out all over the place

How should I be powering this many addons with appropriate switching without making a rats nest of wiring?

I would like the additional sidelights to all come on with the dipped beam (It has DRL's so no seperate sidelight switch position)
the beacon and front strobes on one switch
the roof spotlights to come on with main beam but only when a switch is armed (4x 55W)
as well as brakes and indicators to follow as normal
seperate switch for cargo area interior lighting

Or is there a readily available relay/fuse box assembly I should be using?

Thanks in advance!

vanfront.jpgvanrear.jpg

Reply to Wiring additional lighting without upsetting bulb warnings in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net