• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.
Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Wiring another light into the same circuit in the Canadian Electricians Only area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hello, ive new to this forum and have a slightly above average knowledge of electrical.
I currently have a wall sconce with an outlet just below it, both are controlled by the same switch. I want to move the light to the ceiling. I figured I would be able to run a wire to the he switch and then up into a new box in the he ceiling. When I opened up the switch I noticed there was only one 14/2 wire that was coming into the box. I tried to just attach my new white wire into the the existing, same as the black. Got no electricity to the new box. Was wondering how I would go about wiring it correctly? IMG_20200425_143605.jpgIMG_20200425_143548.jpgIMG_20200425_143623.jpg

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Megawatt

-
Arms
You must be logged in to see the message.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Wiring another light into the same circuit in the Canadian Electricians Only area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom