Discuss Wiring Question Chandelier in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OK so I thoughtfully and methodically bound all the 30 hots and neutrals together and then bound the hot and neutral from the feeder wire that goes up into the ceiling. When I connected the chandelier and tried to turn it on the switch sparked and fried? What do you think is going on???

So what happened to the electrician you said you would get to install it?

Reactions: DPG
OK so I thoughtfully and methodically bound all the 30 hots and neutrals together and then bound the hot and neutral from the feeder wire that goes up into the ceiling. When I connected the chandelier and tried to turn it on the switch sparked and fried? What do you think is going on???

Advice has been given. If you wish to create a fire hazard then carry on. Sorry if that's harsh but your family's safety is more important than a light fitting.

If I HAD to connect this thing up, I would group six wires together with a piece of 0.75mm2 singles, then solder and insulate with heat shrink.
Repeat for the other 9 groups, then group the five added singles together into their live and neutral groups, and solder them to a length of 3 core 0.75mm2 flex, again insulating with heat shrink, and finally connect the earth wire of the 3 core flex reliably to the metalwork of the chandelier.

Reply to Wiring Question Chandelier in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I purchased a chandelier from Aliexpress (China) that came with bi pin G9 LED bulbs (3W equivalent) (pic attached). I asked the seller if this...
Replies
Views
I really need help with this puzzler. First - I am moderately 'skilled' in day-to-day basic wiring. My puzzle: I am trying to replace a...
Replies
Views
I’m running wires to the basement for future basement finishing. I’d like to add two circuits of outlets (one on the finished side and one on the...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I bought some property in northern Michigan. It has underground electric with a transformer already on the property. I would like...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock