Discuss Wiring single gang/usb into a FCU to external decking lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello all

have a couple of questions re-some decking lights. I have fitted by Electrician around 10 years ago,
He’s spured off an existing single gang socket and added in an FSU to control the lights.

had nothing but problems with a is a lot to do with either garden creatures, chewing through the wiring or moisture get me to the lights or junction boxes. As you can see the picture attached half a pint I pulled out of one yesterday.

kept tripping during winter, so recently visited it and realised the switch was no longer tripping, or the LED coming on the FCU

TL;DR
How to wire a FCU to external floor lights, from a single gang double USB socket?
If you have trouble with uploading pictures… cropping them a little is usually enough to bring the file size under the limit.

Are your lights mains voltage or 12 or 24v

Water ingress is inevitable with decking lights or any other outside lights. Lucky to get 10 years to be honest.

If you have trouble with uploading pictures… cropping them a little is usually enough to bring the file size under the limit.

Are your lights mains voltage or 12 or 24v

Water ingress is inevitable with decking lights or any other outside lights. Lucky to get 10 years to be honest.
Yeah they have been a constant pest

all run now with armoured cabling and junction boxes all sealed with mastic but end up being condensation sometimes

Reply to Wiring single gang/usb into a FCU to external decking lights in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net