Currently reading:
16amp b type breaker for oven.

Discuss 16amp b type breaker for oven. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

julianacb

Hello all, excuse my bad grammar spelling etc. today i had the people from building control around to sign of my cu change
at my house,here is my question. My mum had her oven changed a little while ago and it has a design current of around 10.5 amps, the old fuse protecting was a 40 amp wired in a 10mm t+e, i have since replaced this with a 16 amp breaker and put connecters at old cooker switch and a blank plate. I done this as section h of osg states you can do this and dont need a switch if the circuit breaker is to be used as one. The inspector told me this is not Good and my interpretation is wrong. And i need a local isolation switch. I want to know what others opinion was on this he also said the oven is not fixed equipment? If im wrong fine but how do i remedy the situation its a double box do i just put the old cooker switch back on. I did do a little search before posting but could not really find what i was looking for. Any advice greatly appreciated!

If you're not competent to do otherwise, you'd be a fool not to follow BS7671. What i mean by ''Competent'', is being able to stand up in a court of law and successfully argue your departures are technically sound and safety has not been compromised etc...!!

Well yes obviously you would be a fool not to follow the regs and like you say if you get dragged into court your goosed. And yes it wasn't really the most helpful of things, but it is a fact.

well, if following regs. meanss drilling into a RFC in the wall, i'd be wary. LOL. :furious3:

Well yes obviously you would be a fool not to follow the regs and like you say if you get dragged into court your goosed. And yes it wasn't really the most helpful of things, but it is a fact.

In itself maybe, but BS7671 is also part and parcel of other ''Statuatory'' Regulations so in effect you could say that in most cases BS7671 is statuatory by default of other regulations....

Reply to 16amp b type breaker for oven. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock