Discuss 17th edition boards and lighting circuits in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Has anybody been caught out with up and down lighting circuits split over 2 RCD's... .... as ya should by the book !!!!!! TURN ON LANDING LIGHT AND BAM!!!!! Both RCD's trip...... cause Landing light using upstairs N ,,, But switch wire coming via strappers from downstairs circuit....... shall we A: Tell customer the problem before we start....... and have to charge more !!!!!! or B Say nothing and connect to same mcb which solves the problem but not the thing to do if ya resd ya books...... Bet the smart a***s at the IEE / NIC/ ECA never thought of that one....... since most properties ( domestic ) would be wired this way!!!!!!!:eek:

Yeah happened to me, supprisingly only once and i've done a fair few CU changes. on the one I was doing i was doin an all RCBO board, so simply put both lighting circuits on MCB's informed client that its not right, and wrote on cert. there not bothered cause there lights work the same, but at the same time i cant start rewiring circuits on a CU change, plus they dont want the decor spoiling.

Reply to 17th edition boards and lighting circuits in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views
We are currently renovating an old house after recently moving in. Whilst purchasing the property we received written assurances that the original...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock