Discuss 17th edition online from niceic, or any other? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkie1984

has anyone done this? im basically stuck in an awkward postion where due to living on the isle of wight getting anywhere to do a 17th edition 3 day course is going to get expensive!

ive been googling until my eyes bleed and stumbled across the nic offering a 17th edition online, with just an exam to be done at a centre,

i dont mind travelling just to do an exam as one trip isnt too expensive.

are these online courses the way to go? or are they a con?

if anyone has done an online course id love to hear about it.

thanks

Iv just rang a training center for a 17th edition and he suggested i do it online with them, then once im ready they bring out a secure laptop to me and let me sit it at work or home.

Its a very convinient alternative for me, but im similar to u, abit skeptical..... If aniones ever done this id be interested in your feedback???

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but Learning Lounge is a good option for learning at your own pace in your own time and it's cheap. It'll also be very useful for the amendment 1 updates.
A year's subs will cost about the same as a couple of books. More info and a discount from this link on my blog- Electrical Online Training for Electricians.
Good luck.

Looks good if you want to do it all from home in your own time, but you can't beat the face to face and hands on practical stuff you get from college. As you've already found out, many colleges have their own online training resources and websites to help you with their courses. It's just a matter of checking out as many as possible before you decide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 17th edition online from niceic, or any other? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net